MLB.com Fantasy 411 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.com Fantasy 411

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB.com Fantasy 411

Postby shortsavage » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Who listens to MLB.com's fantasy 411?

The guys who do the show know a lot and it was a nice tool to use during the season last year.

Unfortunately, they obviously have taken a good amount of time off this winter, so they aren't on the tops of their games right now.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby screwyinstlouie » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:13 pm

I discovered the show last year, and listened to it quite often in Apr-May-Jun. I didn't listen as much once my teams were pretty well set up by July.

I've only listened to 2 or 3 shows since the offseason began - I did listen to the 1/19/06 show a few days ago. Nothing special, but I hadn't heard much about Francisco Liriano before (7/33 BB/K in 23.2 IP), so I found that discussion interesting.

Once spring training starts, I'll probably try to listen more often.
screwyinstlouie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 560
Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby RynMan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:51 am

Yeah I have listened for a couple of years now and they are solid. They know their stuff, especially Corey Schwartz.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby CHE » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:33 pm

I like it but it takes them forever to get there shows on archive. :-t

Edit: Pitch and ditch is the best ;-D
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 558
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:33 pm

CHE wrote:I like it but it takes them forever to get there shows on archive. :-t

Edit: Pitch and ditch is the best ;-D


They usually do it the same day.... :-?
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby CHE » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:38 am

RynMan wrote:
CHE wrote:I like it but it takes them forever to get there shows on archive. :-t

Edit: Pitch and ditch is the best ;-D


They usually do it the same day.... :-?


Not in the off season, it took 2 weeks to get the jan 12th one :-t
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 558
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:23 am

CHE wrote:
RynMan wrote:
CHE wrote:I like it but it takes them forever to get there shows on archive. :-t

Edit: Pitch and ditch is the best ;-D


They usually do it the same day.... :-?


Not in the off season, it took 2 weeks to get the jan 12th one :-t


You may also be going to the wrong area. The link in the MLB Radio Archives section is usually updated straight after the show. If that's not it, then I dunno what it is.... !+)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby shortsavage » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:00 am

RynMan wrote:
CHE wrote:
RynMan wrote:
CHE wrote:I like it but it takes them forever to get there shows on archive. :-t

Edit: Pitch and ditch is the best ;-D


They usually do it the same day.... :-?


Not in the off season, it took 2 weeks to get the jan 12th one :-t


You may also be going to the wrong area. The link in the MLB Radio Archives section is usually updated straight after the show. If that's not it, then I dunno what it is.... !+)


Siano admitted to personally messing up archiving that show.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby RynMan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:17 pm

shortsavage wrote:Siano admitted to personally messing up archiving that show.


I thought that was the 19th? Oh well, yeah I remember him saying that.

Great show though. ;-)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby shortsavage » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:09 pm

RynMan wrote:
shortsavage wrote:Siano admitted to personally messing up archiving that show.


I thought that was the 19th? Oh well, yeah I remember him saying that.

Great show though. ;-)


Hehe, maybe he did it twice. I caught up on the last three shows this weekend, so they're all meshed for me.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact