My Minor League Roster- Thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

My Minor League Roster- Thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Minor League Roster- Thoughts?

Postby nathan050904 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:32 pm

Pitching
Adam Miller
Joel Zumaya
Jon Lester
Philip Hughes
Mark Rogers
Homer Bailey
Adam Loewen
Jeremy Sowers
Gio Gonzalez
Mark Pawelek
Cesar Carrillo

Hitting
Rus Martin
Miguel Montero
Daric Barton
Josh Barfield
Alex Gordon
Ryan Braun
Delmon Young
Ryan Sweeney
Hunter Pence

Any thoughts?
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DWright5 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:57 am

what is this, a 3 team league? haha great team, pitching staff has a bunch of very good pitchers but no one GREAT like cain, liriano, billingsley or pelfrey

the hitting is great you have delmon, gordon, barfield who should start this year, barton, pence and braun the other guys are good too

very good team maybe trade barton with one of your pitchers for a cain or liriano?
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Well, I don't know. The pitching looks promising enough to me that I wouldn't want to trade good bats to get Cain or Liriano unless he actually needs pitching help real soon.

A few of those guys he has could someday turn into Cain and Liriano afterall. And Cain and Liriano themselves can still bust at this point.
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby J35J » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:49 pm

Sultans of Squat wrote:Well, I don't know. The pitching looks promising enough to me that I wouldn't want to trade good bats to get Cain or Liriano unless he actually needs pitching help real soon.

A few of those guys he has could someday turn into Cain and Liriano afterall. And Cain and Liriano themselves can still bust at this point.

Agreed! ;-D

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby jnormy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm

DWright5 wrote:what is this, a 3 team league? haha great team, pitching staff has a bunch of very good pitchers but no one GREAT like cain, liriano, billingsley or pelfrey

Wow, that's the first time I've seen Pelfrey's name listed among the likes of those other guys. Are you saying that as a Mets fan (which I am also), or is he really considered that good a prospect in general fantasy circles?

I drafted him in my keeper league's minor league draft, so I'm interested to hear other perspectives on him, and what his possible timetable to get to the major league level might be. (I realize it's gonna be awhile.)

Thanks!
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:47 pm

solid list of minors there, you really got the best of your league with the draft. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jenkins » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:03 pm

Nice list. I doubt anyone else has a better minor league roster than that in your league.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DWright5 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:49 pm

jnormy wrote:
DWright5 wrote:what is this, a 3 team league? haha great team, pitching staff has a bunch of very good pitchers but no one GREAT like cain, liriano, billingsley or pelfrey

Wow, that's the first time I've seen Pelfrey's name listed among the likes of those other guys. Are you saying that as a Mets fan (which I am also), or is he really considered that good a prospect in general fantasy circles?

I drafted him in my keeper league's minor league draft, so I'm interested to hear other perspectives on him, and what his possible timetable to get to the major league level might be. (I realize it's gonna be awhile.)

Thanks!

yes pelfrey is widely considering a top 4 or 5 pitching prospect in teh MLB by experts and 2nd in the mets organization only to Mr. Milledge
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:39 pm

DWright5 wrote:yes pelfrey is widely considering a top 4 or 5 pitching prospect in teh MLB by experts

Really? Which experts are these?? Yes, Pelfrey seems to be a top pitching prospect no doubt, but seems to me it's too early to call him top 4 or 5. Maybe it's just me for not seeing how he's "widely" considered top 4 or 5. I can see top 10 "widely", but otherwise, you must not be including anybody that played some in the MLB and still has rookie status eligibility.

and 2nd in the mets organization only to Mr. Milledge

Yah, that's easy though at this point. :D

Don't get me wrong. I like what I've heard about Pelfrey and even drafted him in one dynasty league. But he's not top 5 yet and maybe not even top 10 yet in some people's minds.
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby El Gaupo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:27 pm

the hitting is great you have delmon, gordon, barfield who should start this year, barton, pence and braun the other guys are good too

very good team maybe trade barton with one of your pitchers for a cain or liriano?

what I was thinking. The pitching is really good and hitting pretty good with Young, Gordon, Braun, Barton and Barfield.

Maybe a 2 team league ;-)
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball