Did you get boned(unfairly treated) in school? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Did you get boned(unfairly treated) in school?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:33 pm

...girls are rewarded for abiding by the rules, while boys' more rebellious ways are punished.

*GASP!*

:*)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:01 am

Couldn't agree with JTWood more here. Just as in the adult system, if you break the rules you get punished. Just because murder is against the law, doesn't mean that most men feel the urge to go out and kill someone to rebel. This is such a ridiculous statement. Yeah, there are differences between girls and boys and how they learn, but there are plenty of opportunities for boys to succeed. I never had the problem of being completely outnumbered in any of my honors or AP classes in HS. (Not that I would be complaining anyway).
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby domination » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:08 am

kids today are all screwed up, there was never a problem when i was in school, the school systems, kids, and parents need to toughen up and get over it.
Fear is the mind killer.
domination
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:32 am

domination wrote:kids today are all screwed up, there was never a problem when i was in school, the school systems, kids, and parents need to toughen up and get over it.

Back in your day did you walk 15 miles both ways each day in the snow just to get to school? Heh, just kidding... but reading that really made me think of that.

My school wasn't overly unfair when it came to girls/boys. My school just favored the basketball teams and good lord help you if you dressed or acted different (went to high school in a country town).
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:10 am

acsguitar wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:Girls are favored more than boys because they're hot...

...and they have boobs ;-D

I couldn't have said it better myself

Just what we need around here is an acs jr. :-b

And the word "boned" used unnecessarily in thread titles.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:53 am

dannyolbb wrote:Some of this is our own fault - I'd guess that 90% of behavioral problems are boys as well. Of course girls face fewer restrictions. It's like with car insurance. They're a lower risk.

And I never got extra points for decorating a notebook.

''The system is designed to the disadvantage of males," Anglin said. ''From the elementary level, they establish a philosophy that if you sit down, follow orders, and listen to what they say, you'll do well and get good grades. Men naturally rebel against this."

I guess life is designed to the disadvantage of males, then. Suck it up, kid. Stop whining. Part of going to school is learning to function in society.

The car insurance thing pisses me off....Girls are terrible terrible drivers compared to boys....However, boys are more likely to drag race or go insane and drive their car off a cliff...But I'm pretty sure girls are more apt to hit bumpers and scrath peoples doors etc.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:33 pm

acsguitar wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:Some of this is our own fault - I'd guess that 90% of behavioral problems are boys as well. Of course girls face fewer restrictions. It's like with car insurance. They're a lower risk.

''The system is designed to the disadvantage of males," Anglin said. ''From the elementary level, they establish a philosophy that if you sit down, follow orders, and listen to what they say, you'll do well and get good grades. Men naturally rebel against this."

I guess life is designed to the disadvantage of males, then. Suck it up, kid. Stop whining. Part of going to school is learning to function in society.

The car insurance thing pisses me off....Girls are terrible terrible drivers compared to boys....However, boys are more likely to drag race or go insane and drive their car off a cliff...But I'm pretty sure girls are more apt to hit bumpers and scrath peoples doors etc.

I believe girls have more accidents per million miles, but they just drive less than boys so they have less of a chance for an accident.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I believe girls have more accidents per million miles, but they just drive less than boys so they have less of a chance for an accident.

I refuse to drive with my old roomate now. She is a horrible horrible horrible driver... Literally we almost get into 2-3 accidents every time im in the car with her...I also ran into her when she decided to stop in the middle of the road for no reason
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:51 pm

Yeah, but you can't generalize like that. The worst drivers I've ever known in my life, the ones that really make me fear for my safety, have all been males.

I know a guy who won't go anywhere without a "road beer". Never met a woman like that.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:11 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Yeah, but you can't generalize like that. The worst drivers I've ever known in my life, the ones that really make me fear for my safety, have all been males.

I know a guy who won't go anywhere without a "road beer". Never met a woman like that.

Guys are worse drivers because of carelessness and stupidity.

Women are worse drivers because of incompetence.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk