WINS???????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Seattle Mariners

WINS????????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WINS????????

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:58 pm

How many wins do you think the old boys will get this year??

I am guessing around 80

I hope they get to at least 500
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tthousand66 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:27 pm

Why stop with the M's? Here are my pre-pre season picks in the AL West:
Rangers 93 wins
Angels 91 wins
A's 88 wins
Mariners 78 wins

Washburn will win 14, Moyer 10, Felix 14, Pinero 12 and Meche 10. that's 60 wins for the starters. I'd say Pinero and Meche are the guys who could push the 78 win pj higher. If they can win 15 each, the M's could contend. I doubt it though.

Kenji NOT being an automatic out will be huge. If they get a year like the Chi-Sox got out of Iguchi from him...it will help. If the middle infield of Bettancourt and Lopez don't hit .230 with no power between them...things could be good. If Jeremy Reed doesn't hit .250 with no power or speed again, that would help. If the pen is better minus guys like Shiggy, we should see improvement.

That is a lot of "If's", thus the last place prediction.
"all i care about....is baseball"---Tyrus Raymond Cobb
tthousand66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:09 pm

tthousand66 wrote:Why stop with the M's? Here are my pre-pre season picks in the AL West:
Rangers 93 wins
Angels 91 wins
A's 88 wins
Mariners 78 wins

Washburn will win 14, Moyer 10, Felix 14, Pinero 12 and Meche 10. that's 60 wins for the starters. I'd say Pinero and Meche are the guys who could push the 78 win pj higher. If they can win 15 each, the M's could contend. I doubt it though.

Kenji NOT being an automatic out will be huge. If they get a year like the Chi-Sox got out of Iguchi from him...it will help. If the middle infield of Bettancourt and Lopez don't hit .230 with no power between them...things could be good. If Jeremy Reed doesn't hit .250 with no power or speed again, that would help. If the pen is better minus guys like Shiggy, we should see improvement.

That is a lot of "If's", thus the last place prediction.

:-° Wow that wasn't exactly what i was looking for, but i like it :-D . Keep it up, you should post more, we desperately need more Seattle posters. ;-D NICE POST
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tthousand66 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:35 pm

just found this site a month or so ago...i'll be around. thanks for the compliments!

for a "baseball" town, it sure is looking like fairweather seattle is turning football on us, eh?

Having lived in a real sports town (detroit) for the first 35 years of my life, watching the m's not-so-faithful followers bail on the team during my 4 years here is pretty disheartening.

Did you know the Detroit Lions have something like a 7 year waiting list for season tickets, despite having ONE playoff win in my lifetime and a dismal (almost unbelievable) record in the past 10 years?

If 2 million fans can go see the crummy tigers bumble their way around Comerica Park, i'd hope Seattle can at least support their team when the m's lose a few years in a row. At least Nepotism Bavasi has tried (although unsuccessfully to this point) take the team through this transition period. that is about the most dificult thing to do in pro sports...keep your team winning, as players get older and leave via free agency. The braves are about the only team i know of that has not hit a bump in the road while doing that. the m's kept edgar, boone, olerud, moyer, buhner and others when they could have flipped them over time. it would have made for much better times today.
tthousand66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby irishdude103 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:24 pm

tthousand66 wrote:just found this site a month or so ago...i'll be around. thanks for the compliments!

for a "baseball" town, it sure is looking like fairweather seattle is turning football on us, eh?

Having lived in a real sports town (detroit) for the first 35 years of my life, watching the m's not-so-faithful followers bail on the team during my 4 years here is pretty disheartening.

Did you know the Detroit Lions have something like a 7 year waiting list for season tickets, despite having ONE playoff win in my lifetime and a dismal (almost unbelievable) record in the past 10 years?

If 2 million fans can go see the crummy tigers bumble their way around Comerica Park, i'd hope Seattle can at least support their team when the m's lose a few years in a row. At least Nepotism Bavasi has tried (although unsuccessfully to this point) take the team through this transition period. that is about the most dificult thing to do in pro sports...keep your team winning, as players get older and leave via free agency. The braves are about the only team i know of that has not hit a bump in the road while doing that. the m's kept edgar, boone, olerud, moyer, buhner and others when they could have flipped them over time. it would have made for much better times today.

You know what is funny is my dad was saying the same thing about Seattle when i asked why in Downtown(where my dad is living) there aren't any Seahawk banners. And me up in Shoreline there is absolutely no support. So i don't think you can really call Seattle a sports city. What happens is we have good sports teams for a year and then we drop off.

Ex) Sonics last year were great and now they blow
Mariners in the magical year, the year after they stunk.

It is just a repeatitive cycle.

If you wanna get a league together we could do a yahoo free league of a bunch of guys from Seattle (not a live draft) i am to busy at work lately and getting to Seattle could be hard.

Irishdude
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tthousand66 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:41 pm

I'll have to pass on a free league. I play in a number of high stakes games that take up WAY too much of my time as it is. I even do a live in-person Seattle auction style AL only game. thanks for the offer though.

Try the CDM salary cap games. Very even playing field and good prizes. http://www.cdmsports.net
tthousand66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:05 pm

Not a Seattle resident, but I'm a fan of many teams, including the Mariners. I'm looking forward to Johjima and seeing what he can do. From what I've heard, he's adapting well to baseball in the US.
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 am

Hey Irish, I actually lived in Shoreline before I moved down south. We had Chambers cable which had to be the worst cable system in the history of the universe. I heard you guys FORTUNATELY have comcast now.

I lived near a christian school - forget the name.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

Return to Seattle Mariners