Minor League Autograph exchanges.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Minor League Autograph exchanges....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Minor League Autograph exchanges....

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:20 pm

I go to a ton of Birmingham Barons games (AA) and I usually go meet the players and get autographs.

I was wondering if anyone else does this and might be interested in exchanging autographs for the upcoming season.

Last year, I saw:
Francouer
Delmon Young
Bobby Jenks
Jeremy Hermida
Stephen Drew
Chris Young
Felix Pie
Chad Billingsley
Joel Guzman....

If anyone goes to other AA league, or AAA league games and are interested in exchanging addresses, I would like to get autos from my games and send them to you in exchange for the autos from your games.

Rumour has it Justin Upton and Jared Saltalamacchia are starting in the Southern League AA. I should see them as well as others.

Please respond or PM me if interested
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:22 pm

That could be interesting. I've gone to my fair share of Southern League (AA) games, so I have pretty much seen the same guys you have listed. The other league that I get to see a good amount of isn't AAA or AA, but the Florida State League in High A.

On Upton, he might get to AA this year, but all I have heard is that he will be starting the year in Low A which would be the Midwest League.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:44 pm

Thats cool. Where do you live? I love the Southern League.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:19 am

I'm basically in Tampa, FL. Which is pretty good for the FSL since I'm right in the middle of most of the different teams. As for the Southern League, I see most of the games when I go to the Jax Suns games. Which was great last year since they were basically the most loaded prospect team I have ever seen.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jenkins » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:11 am

I hear that. The D-Rays are my team as well. I am not that familiar with the Florida State league. Do you have any insight as players who should start the season in the FSL?

I am here in Birmingham. Go to all the Barons games (ChiSox). I also ride an hour away to the Montgomery BIscuits (D-Rays).
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:11 am

Well the teams that are in are the FSL are:
-Mets
-Marlins
-Phillies
-Cards
-Reds
-Yanks
-Tigers
-Cubs
-Dodgers
-Twins
-Jays
-Brewers

So in the recent past it's had some great talent come through. This year should probably have the following:

- Phillip Hughes - SP - Yanks - might not be there for long, but should start there.
- Homer Bailey - SP - Reds - Top H.S. pick with great stuff, just needs to control it.
- B.J. Szymanski - OF - Reds - 2004 1st rd pick, struggled last year with injuries but is an intriguing prospect.
- Ryan Braun - 3B - Brewers - Their first round pick last year
- Mark Rogers - SP - Brewers - Was right up there with Bailey in the 2004 MLB draft, had the same problems in his first year (control) but his stuff is amazing.
- Yovani Gallardo - SP - Brewers - Nice looking pitcher who made good strides last year.
- Ryan Harvey - OF - Cubs - A top draft pick that hasn't progressed as the Cubs would like, but has big time power & potential.
- Ricky Romero - SP - Jays - Their 1st rd pick in the 2005 draft
- Gaby Hernandez - SP - Marlins - Good looking young SP who dominated Low A, but struggled after he was called up to High A.
- Phillip Humber - SP - Mets - Had TJ surgery but should come back in the 2nd half and pitch some in High A.
- Scott Elbert - SP - Dodgers - Like they need anymore good pitching prospects, very good left arm.
- Blake DeWitt - 3B - Dodgers - Behind LaRouche but a very nice prospect in his own right.
- Anthony Swarzak/ Jay Rainville - SP - Twins - Two good H.S arms

Some prospects that could end up there in the 2nd half:
- Chris Volstad - SP - Marlins - A very polished pitcher from the 2005 draft, will start in Low but could move quickly.
- Mark Pawelek - SP - Cubs - Another 2005 1st rd pick, IMO the best arm from the draft. Like Volstad will start in Low A but a call up to High A isn't out of the question.
- Colby Rasmus - OF - Cards - 2005 1st rd pick, good tools across the board.
- Greg Golson - OF - Phillies - 2004 1st rd pick, speedster that needs a bit more time in Low A.
- Jay Bruce - OF - Reds - good all-around H.S talent from the 2005 draft

Anyways I might have missed a few, but that is a good list to start with. The league this year looks like it's filled with a bunch of guys who could take off, but not many of the "stud" prospects who have asserted themselves.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jenkins » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:23 am

Thats a nice list.

Hughes is going to be nasty. He is on my dynasty. If we can get this going, I would love to get his Auto. We will have to keep in touch and get this going. This would be great if we can cover these 2 leagues and get some others to cover some other leagues.

I love Minor League ball and watching the guys progress to the bigs. You can be assured I will have some great pictures and autos of players in the southern league.

You will have to let me know the guys you are really interested in and I will let you know and see if we cant put together a great collection of memrobillia.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jenkins » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Anyone else interested?
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball