Help making a league schedule - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help making a league schedule

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help making a league schedule

Postby dmbjeff » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:57 pm

I am running an 18 team league, head to head, with 9 teams per division for a 23 week regular season. I want each team within the division to play each other 2 times for 16 total games. That leaves me with 7 more games i need to fill out, preferrably with the other division. Obviously, 9 teams with 7 more to play wont work out even, but i want to know if there is a way to make a decent schedule with this many teams and weeks. If anyone knows of a website or anything, that generates schedules, please let me know. Thanks
jeff
dmbjeff
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ragoczy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Why not make it 3 divisions of 6? Play everyone in your division twice (5x2=10) and play the other 12 teams once, making 22 games. Then add a round of playoffs for that 23rd week if you want since you would have 3 division winners instead of 2--you could add a wildcard.
We're only immortal for a limited time
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby roadrunner » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:24 pm

that's a pretty good set-up

a few years back i played in a league a few seasons from MR. Sports it cost $130** per team but it was based on a 162 game schedule. Each week you played 9 games against 3 opponents. It was points based and your weekly record depended upon how many points you amassed, plus how many points your 3 opponents scored each week.

If you scored 50 points more than your opponents you swept them 3-0 and if it was under a 50 point win you won 2-1 or lost 1-2. against that opponent and then same thing against the other 2 opponents for that week to reach 9 games total.
He must have had a decent program to sort all that out but it was really a blast to play that sort of format
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers