Matisyahu - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Matisyahu

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:15 pm

Art & baseball took the words directly out of my mouth. In fact, I think we may be the Cafe's leading experts on underground rap.

Anyway, I feel bad because Art has added nearly everything to this conversation I might've been able to on my own.

In short, F*** ClearChannel. (That was also a great underground rap tour, actually.)
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:16 pm

DK wrote:Art & baseball took the words directly out of my mouth. In fact, I think we may be the Cafe's leading experts on underground rap.

Anyway, I feel bad because Art has added nearly everything to this conversation I might've been able to on my own.

In short, F*** ClearChannel. (That was also a great underground rap tour, actually.)


Dude just cause ClearChannel owns 99.9% of everything you hear isn't that bad...hahah
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby DK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:
DK wrote:Art & baseball took the words directly out of my mouth. In fact, I think we may be the Cafe's leading experts on underground rap.

Anyway, I feel bad because Art has added nearly everything to this conversation I might've been able to on my own.

In short, F*** ClearChannel. (That was also a great underground rap tour, actually.)


Dude just cause ClearChannel owns 99.9% of everything you hear isn't that bad...hahah


ClearChannel annoys the living hell out of me. They're essentially the reason that people who listen to rap music have degraded their standards to listen to the crap they play, and that everyone who hates rap (Re: many, many people) hate it. They bury all the good artists so people believe that rap nowadays is ALL the same, all what they hear on MTV.

I've talked to so many people who think rap is all disgusting, mysoginistic, worthless, and talentless, although they all say they listen to either Jurassic 5, Wu-Tang, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, or Tupac, because they're the only good rap ever played on MTV. If ClearChannel would actually play the good rap, that thought would never have entered people's minds.

When I tell people I listen to rap, they look at me weird. Then I tell them that I have no 50 Cent, Nelly, Chingy, Lil' Jon, Bow Wow, Sean Paul, G-Unit, Lil' Wayne, or any other crap on MTV, they look at me and say (and I swear this is a direct quote) "Then how do you listen to rap?"

It disgusts me how badly ClearChannel has skewed rap in people's minds, and for that whenever I pass their Times Square HQ in NYC I give a big middle finger to the camera outside.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:53 pm

Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

but you can't blame people for having a negative opinion about rap
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

but you can't blame people for having a negative opinion about rap


He's blaming the people who are forcing that negative image down consumers' throats. Think about it...if every single time something or somebody is talked about on the news, shown on TV, written about in the newspaper, etc, they are shown in an extremely negative light then of course the majority of people (those who don't search out other sources on their own) are going to think negatively about it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:28 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

but you can't blame people for having a negative opinion about rap


He's blaming the people who are forcing that negative image down consumers' throats. Think about it...if every single time something or somebody is talked about on the news, shown on TV, written about in the newspaper, etc, they are shown in an extremely negative light then of course the majority of people (those who don't search out other sources on their own) are going to think negatively about it.


Well i agree with that..but I still have listened to alot of rap and its been more negative then positive
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby DK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

but you can't blame people for having a negative opinion about rap


He's blaming the people who are forcing that negative image down consumers' throats. Think about it...if every single time something or somebody is talked about on the news, shown on TV, written about in the newspaper, etc, they are shown in an extremely negative light then of course the majority of people (those who don't search out other sources on their own) are going to think negatively about it.


Well i agree with that..but I still have listened to alot of rap and its been more negative then positive


Exactly (Thanks, Art). You're proving my point. You think you've heard a lot of rap because you turn on the radio and hear Sean Paul butchering the English language, or Chingy talking about whatever hooker he's been with this week, or Ludacris talking about a girl's nipples with about 50 euphemisms for them... The negative rap (for the most part) isn't good. The positive/opinionated rap is excellent.

Since a huge amount of people see this as rap, they don't search for more, since why would they search for something they don't like?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:36 pm

I actually thought this guy's name was "Modest Yahoo" :-b
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:59 am

Maybe you should jump on the Sirius/XM boat and get some more choices so you can really decide what's negative or positive. I personally think most of the stuff I hear is ok. And having grown up in NYC I guess I'm desensitized to it anyway. I think a lot of the negative stuff people puts them away is embellished anyway. Besides, the negative music I ever heard in my life is death metal. I had a friend back in the day who was into stuff...scary stuff :-o .
Last edited by bronxxbomber on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3552
Joined: 7 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Over Everything

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:25 am

All I have to say is, R.I.P.

Image
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact