Matisyahu - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Matisyahu

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:15 pm

Art & baseball took the words directly out of my mouth. In fact, I think we may be the Cafe's leading experts on underground rap.

Anyway, I feel bad because Art has added nearly everything to this conversation I might've been able to on my own.

In short, F*** ClearChannel. (That was also a great underground rap tour, actually.)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:16 pm

DK wrote:Art & baseball took the words directly out of my mouth. In fact, I think we may be the Cafe's leading experts on underground rap.

Anyway, I feel bad because Art has added nearly everything to this conversation I might've been able to on my own.

In short, F*** ClearChannel. (That was also a great underground rap tour, actually.)

Dude just cause ClearChannel owns 99.9% of everything you hear isn't that bad...hahah
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:
DK wrote:Art & baseball took the words directly out of my mouth. In fact, I think we may be the Cafe's leading experts on underground rap.

Dude just cause ClearChannel owns 99.9% of everything you hear isn't that bad...hahah

ClearChannel annoys the living hell out of me. They're essentially the reason that people who listen to rap music have degraded their standards to listen to the crap they play, and that everyone who hates rap (Re: many, many people) hate it. They bury all the good artists so people believe that rap nowadays is ALL the same, all what they hear on MTV.

I've talked to so many people who think rap is all disgusting, mysoginistic, worthless, and talentless, although they all say they listen to either Jurassic 5, Wu-Tang, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, or Tupac, because they're the only good rap ever played on MTV. If ClearChannel would actually play the good rap, that thought would never have entered people's minds.

When I tell people I listen to rap, they look at me weird. Then I tell them that I have no 50 Cent, Nelly, Chingy, Lil' Jon, Bow Wow, Sean Paul, G-Unit, Lil' Wayne, or any other crap on MTV, they look at me and say (and I swear this is a direct quote) "Then how do you listen to rap?"

It disgusts me how badly ClearChannel has skewed rap in people's minds, and for that whenever I pass their Times Square HQ in NYC I give a big middle finger to the camera outside.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:53 pm

Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

but you can't blame people for having a negative opinion about rap
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

He's blaming the people who are forcing that negative image down consumers' throats. Think about it...if every single time something or somebody is talked about on the news, shown on TV, written about in the newspaper, etc, they are shown in an extremely negative light then of course the majority of people (those who don't search out other sources on their own) are going to think negatively about it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:28 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yes Clear Channel is evil and so is MTV..and I hate corporate rap as well...

He's blaming the people who are forcing that negative image down consumers' throats. Think about it...if every single time something or somebody is talked about on the news, shown on TV, written about in the newspaper, etc, they are shown in an extremely negative light then of course the majority of people (those who don't search out other sources on their own) are going to think negatively about it.

Well i agree with that..but I still have listened to alot of rap and its been more negative then positive
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DK » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Well i agree with that..but I still have listened to alot of rap and its been more negative then positive

Exactly (Thanks, Art). You're proving my point. You think you've heard a lot of rap because you turn on the radio and hear Sean Paul butchering the English language, or Chingy talking about whatever hooker he's been with this week, or Ludacris talking about a girl's nipples with about 50 euphemisms for them... The negative rap (for the most part) isn't good. The positive/opinionated rap is excellent.

Since a huge amount of people see this as rap, they don't search for more, since why would they search for something they don't like?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:36 pm

I actually thought this guy's name was "Modest Yahoo" :-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:59 am

Maybe you should jump on the Sirius/XM boat and get some more choices so you can really decide what's negative or positive. I personally think most of the stuff I hear is ok. And having grown up in NYC I guess I'm desensitized to it anyway. I think a lot of the negative stuff people puts them away is embellished anyway. Besides, the negative music I ever heard in my life is death metal. I had a friend back in the day who was into stuff...scary stuff :-o .
Last edited by bronxxbomber on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:25 am

All I have to say is, R.I.P.

You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk