WB, UPN joining forces - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WB, UPN joining forces

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:48 pm

There isn't a WB or UPN in my immediate area that I can pick up (closest ones are Pittsburgh and my antenna sucks), so it doesn't really bother me any.

I wish they would just merge the two wrestling brands back together...there isn't enough good talent on either show to fill the two shows as it is. :-P
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:52 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:There isn't a WB or UPN in my immediate area that I can pick up (closest ones are Pittsburgh and my antenna sucks), so it doesn't really bother me any.

I wish they would just merge the two wrestling brands back together...there isn't enough good talent on either show to fill the two shows as it is. :-P

Dude, you need cable to live.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:53 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:There isn't a WB or UPN in my immediate area that I can pick up (closest ones are Pittsburgh and my antenna sucks), so it doesn't really bother me any.

I have DirecTV...they aren't on there either. :-/
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

I have DirecTV...they aren't on there either. :-/

BUZZKILL!!!

Actually, you're not missing a thing except, maybe, Everbody Hates Chris and Veronica Herpes. I can totally see WB and UPN being too cheap to go the satellite route.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:33 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:The WWE doesn't like this at all. When the change happens in September, that's the same time WWE's contract with UPN for Friday Night Smackdown ends. Talk was that if there was a problem renewing with UPN, that they would wind up possibly moving it to the WB. Talk right now is that CW still wants Smackdown, but since UPN and WB will be merged, WWE will have to take whatever they offer. Should be an interesting situation to watch unfold.

Maybe they can talk USA into giving them another slot on either Thursday or Friday since Raw is doing fairly well in the ratings.

True. That is a possibility, but the WWE really wants to hang onto having one of their shows on local television (not cable).

As to other shows on the networks, I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned Star Trek. Isn't there some sort of Star Trek going on now, or am I just that far behind the loop? :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:35 pm

Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:The WWE doesn't like this at all. When the change happens in September, that's the same time WWE's contract with UPN for Friday Night Smackdown ends. Talk was that if there was a problem renewing with UPN, that they would wind up possibly moving it to the WB. Talk right now is that CW still wants Smackdown, but since UPN and WB will be merged, WWE will have to take whatever they offer. Should be an interesting situation to watch unfold.

Maybe they can talk USA into giving them another slot on either Thursday or Friday since Raw is doing fairly well in the ratings.

True. That is a possibility, but the WWE really wants to hang onto having one of their shows on local television (not cable).

As to other shows on the networks, I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned Star Trek. Isn't there some sort of Star Trek going on now, or am I just that far behind the loop? :-o

I think we had a Star Trek thread on here the other day and that went over about as well as Ron Artest and the Kings
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:20 pm

Any chance that this new superstation will merge with Lifetime, The Nashville Network, BET, MTV and E! ? I'm about to buy a new TV and it would make things much easier to just have to program the TV to skip one channel.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:18 pm

Tavish wrote:Any chance that this new superstation will merge with Lifetime, The Nashville Network, BET, MTV and E! ? I'm about to buy a new TV and it would make things much easier to just have to program the TV to skip one channel.

BET? You have something against blacks? :-b
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:22 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
Tavish wrote:Any chance that this new superstation will merge with Lifetime, The Nashville Network, BET, MTV and E! ? I'm about to buy a new TV and it would make things much easier to just have to program the TV to skip one channel.

BET? You have something against blacks? :-b

Geez what a racist bastard...BET is quality television!

Oh wait no its stereotypical crap
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:32 pm

A confession: I've begun watching re-runs of "The Gilmore Girls." It might be the wittiest show on tv. Certainly it wins the award for network TV. Give it a shot.

I'll go turn in my testicles now.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk