Upcoming Music - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Upcoming Music

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daullaz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm really really looking forward to the new Fugees album. The Score is one of my all-time favorites.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:32 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:I think you know my vote ;-D

Audioslave eh...there no rage but still pretty good

I actually prefer Audioslave to Rage. Of course being a complete Chris Cornell fan boy will do that to someone.

In regards to the downloading. If you're having trouble finding whole albums Torrents are the way to go. I've been using them for about half a year and it kills me to use limewire now.

Soundgarden was without a doubt the best of the Seattle bands, but my days of being a Cornell fanboy ended with Euphoria Morning. I don't have a problem with singers straying from their typical music, hell I enjoyed Weiland's 12 Bar Blues, but E.M. sounded like an album of lullabyes. I'll take Rage over Audioslave.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:58 pm

Tavish wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:I think you know my vote ;-D

Audioslave eh...there no rage but still pretty good

I actually prefer Audioslave to Rage. Of course being a complete Chris Cornell fan boy will do that to someone.

In regards to the downloading. If you're having trouble finding whole albums Torrents are the way to go. I've been using them for about half a year and it kills me to use limewire now.

Soundgarden was without a doubt the best of the Seattle bands, but my days of being a Cornell fanboy ended with Euphoria Morning. I don't have a problem with singers straying from their typical music, hell I enjoyed Weiland's 12 Bar Blues, but E.M. sounded like an album of lullabyes. I'll take Rage over Audioslave.

Rage is some of the most emotional music ever I love it ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:04 am

Tavish wrote:Soundgarden was without a doubt the best of the Seattle bands, but my days of being a Cornell fanboy ended with Euphoria Morning. I don't have a problem with singers straying from their typical music, hell I enjoyed Weiland's 12 Bar Blues, but E.M. sounded like an album of lullabyes. I'll take Rage over Audioslave.

I love Euphoria Morning. It has a nice soft bluesy feel to it. It just gave Chris the opportunity to do something different and I think he nailed it.

As for Rage... I was a fan of Rage, but I can only handle so much politics in my music. It's one thing to use music to further your agenda everyonce and awhile, but when it becomes the soul purpose of making music it kind of looses it's flair. It almost never fails. A few examples are System and APC. System has always been political, but then they kicked it up a notch and that combined with Daron's complete overtaking of the band killed them (imo). As for APC, they released Emotive and it nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I wouldn't doubt a lot of you disagree with me on this. Not trying to put anyone's stuff down, hopefully no one goes into flame mode.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:19 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
Tavish wrote:Soundgarden was without a doubt the best of the Seattle bands, but my days of being a Cornell fanboy ended with Euphoria Morning. I don't have a problem with singers straying from their typical music, hell I enjoyed Weiland's 12 Bar Blues, but E.M. sounded like an album of lullabyes. I'll take Rage over Audioslave.

I love Euphoria Morning. It has a nice soft bluesy feel to it. It just gave Chris the opportunity to do something different and I think he nailed it.

As for Rage... I was a fan of Rage, but I can only handle so much politics in my music. It's one thing to use music to further your agenda everyonce and awhile, but when it becomes the soul purpose of making music it kind of looses it's flair. It almost never fails. A few examples are System and APC. System has always been political, but then they kicked it up a notch and that combined with Daron's complete overtaking of the band killed them (imo). As for APC, they released Emotive and it nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I wouldn't doubt a lot of you disagree with me on this. Not trying to put anyone's stuff down, hopefully no one goes into flame mode.

Emotive had some good stuff....but as with all cover albums there are lots of complaints
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:55 pm

1337_Dude wrote:

I can handle some Rage but a lot of it is just to much for me. I agree that Soundgarden was the best of the Seattle bands. I am a big fan of Morello, he is one of the greatest guitarists ever, and the combination of him and Cornell is just unstopable. I went to an Audioslave concert in Milwaukee and it was unbelievable.

As for Euphoria Morning, I like most of it but at times it just drones on. I wonder what the new Audioslave album will be like. Their second album was a bit softer than the first. It will be interesting to see if they revert back to the first album.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:31 pm

Shadow of the Sun* wrote:I can handle some Rage but a lot of it is just to much for me. I agree that Soundgarden was the best of the Seattle bands. I am a big fan of Morello, he is one of the greatest guitarists ever, and the combination of him and Cornell is just unstopable. I went to an Audioslave concert in Milwaukee and it was unbelievable.

As for Euphoria Morning, I like most of it but at times it just drones on. I wonder what the new Audioslave album will be like. Their second album was a bit softer than the first. It will be interesting to see if they revert back to the first album.

Gosh I have to admit i'm a bit envious. I almost went to one of their shows in Louisville, but the plans fell through at the last minute sadly. As for the sound on their new album, I hope it evolves from what they were doing on their second album. I would love to see few more songs from the #1 Zero Mold. When Chris get's into bluesy mode there is just nothing better.

When it comes to the Seattle bands as much of a Cornell fan that I am, I really do think that Pearl Jam was the best band overall to come out of it. They've just been so consistently great.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:40 pm

I thought part of what made Rage so great and full of emotion was how politically charged their music was... That de la rocha guy was a BAMF!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:I thought part of what made Rage so great and full of emotion was how politically charged their music was... That de la rocha guy was a BAMF!

Didn't he leave the band so he could join Al Qaeda or something
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby logan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I thought part of what made Rage so great and full of emotion was how politically charged their music was... That de la rocha guy was a BAMF!

Didn't he leave the band so he could join Al Qaeda or something

zapatista rebels i think.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk