Upcoming Music - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Upcoming Music

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:38 pm

baseball6791 wrote:I can't wait for Technique's new album. I've heard the singles as well, and his stuff is just incredible, he continues to blow me away :-° Brother Ali is awesome as well. I'm pretty sure you can buy The Champion off iTunes as well (I know, I know, you're paying, but I usually try to buy when I get more underground stuff, just if anything to support the artists who don't get the recognition they should ;-) )

I know, and I always do. I used to use LimeWire all the time, but I've decided to buy everything from underappreciated artists from now on. Then again, all I listen to is underappreciated artists, so I buy pretty much everything. :D I actually bought the 7-track Technique album of six different versions of "Bin Laden" (original and remix: clean, street, and basic instrumental of each) and the Mumia Abu-Jamal track.

I've got a TON of albums and very happy with my collection- although I can always leave my ears open for more. :-)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:04 pm

on the rock side, definately looking forward to radiohead

on rap, detox (if it ever comes out?) and nas's new cd

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:11 pm

Anyone here every listen to the post-hardcore band "I Hate Myself"? They had some really good songs. They were only around for a couple of years and only put out vinyl's. I think their record label has since put out a CD of their best work.

They had some awesome guitars and their lyrics (if you could understand them) were some of the best ever. Their lyrics weren't like the Beatles or anything, but they were so original and their lyrics have this cynical aspect to them.

Here is an example of one of their songs lyrics:

i want to be in a motorcycle gang
green and mean and f***ed up all the time.
picture me on the back of a harley
leather-clad and bad and driving fifty-five.
i want to see things i'll never get to see.
i'm going nowhere. i'd rather go somewhere instead.
foreign bronze, klingons, naked girls with purple eyes.
yeah, look at me - sad and low and lonely - dead-end job, a slob, and f***ed up all the time.
i'm going nowhere. i'd rather go somewhere instead.
i'm gonna blow a hole through the back of my head.
don't cry.
when i.
say good-bye

;-D ;-D ;-D

It's pick me up music, lol.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:41 pm

DK wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:I can't wait for Technique's new album. I've heard the singles as well, and his stuff is just incredible, he continues to blow me away :-° Brother Ali is awesome as well. I'm pretty sure you can buy The Champion off iTunes as well (I know, I know, you're paying, but I usually try to buy when I get more underground stuff, just if anything to support the artists who don't get the recognition they should ;-) )

I know, and I always do. I used to use LimeWire all the time, but I've decided to buy everything from underappreciated artists from now on. Then again, all I listen to is underappreciated artists, so I buy pretty much everything. :D I actually bought the 7-track Technique album of six different versions of "Bin Laden" (original and remix: clean, street, and basic instrumental of each) and the Mumia Abu-Jamal track.

I've got a TON of albums and very happy with my collection- although I can always leave my ears open for more. :-)

Yeah, also with limewire, sometimes its hard to get a complete album with lesser known artists, because sometimes all of the songs aren't available, which sucks. I've got a fair collection, although if I had the cash, I could probably spend thousands on CD's. I've got a notebook I've started where anytime I read about/hear a new artist I write it down, and I've got a pretty big list going now...Is the Bin Laden remix CD worth it?

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:24 am

acsguitar wrote:
Shadow of the Sun* wrote:I think you know my vote ;-D

Audioslave eh...there no rage but still pretty good

I actually prefer Audioslave to Rage. Of course being a complete Chris Cornell fan boy will do that to someone.

In regards to the downloading. If you're having trouble finding whole albums Torrents are the way to go. I've been using them for about half a year and it kills me to use limewire now.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:59 am

DK wrote:

And here I thought I was the only person left who still actually bought the CDs. Anyway, if you liked Shadows on the Sun I would definitely suggest the Champion EP. It's only an EP, but it's still nine tracks and almost 50 minutes, so it's as long as many LPs...some great songs on it.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:11 pm

baseball6791 wrote:Yeah, also with limewire, sometimes its hard to get a complete album with lesser known artists, because sometimes all of the songs aren't available, which sucks. I've got a fair collection, although if I had the cash, I could probably spend thousands on CD's. I've got a notebook I've started where anytime I read about/hear a new artist I write it down, and I've got a pretty big list going now...Is the Bin Laden remix CD worth it?

Not the entire thing, unless you're planning on performing it or something, which in that case I'd recommend buying the instrumentals as well. Otherwise, just get the Street version of each song and if you like hearing the Abu-Jamal recordings then buy that too (I do, but that's only my opinion). That'll run $2 or $3 total.

The remix isn't as good as the original (as many remixes are) but it's still sick, which is standard for Tech stuff.

I'm going to buy the Brother Ali EP soon. :-) You actually made me listen to Shadows again today, and it's better than I remember.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:14 pm

DK wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:Yeah, also with limewire, sometimes its hard to get a complete album with lesser known artists, because sometimes all of the songs aren't available, which sucks. I've got a fair collection, although if I had the cash, I could probably spend thousands on CD's. I've got a notebook I've started where anytime I read about/hear a new artist I write it down, and I've got a pretty big list going now...Is the Bin Laden remix CD worth it?

Not the entire thing, unless you're planning on performing it or something, which in that case I'd recommend buying the instrumentals as well. Otherwise, just get the Street version of each song and if you like hearing the Abu-Jamal recordings then buy that too (I do, but that's only my opinion). That'll run $2 or $3 total.

The remix isn't as good as the original (as many remixes are) but it's still sick, which is standard for Tech stuff.

I'm going to buy the Brother Ali EP soon. :-) You actually made me listen to Shadows again today, and it's better than I remember.

Me too actually :-b I was listening to it in class today :-B

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:50 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
DK wrote:

Me too actually :-b I was listening to it in class today :-B

I'm listening to it right now. ;-D

"You're now rockin' with the Champion..."
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:33 am

I've heard a few songs from AFI's new album and it sounds quite compelling. :-)

I recommend the new Thrice album for anyone who hasn't already bought it. It is one of the best modern rock albums I have heard.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk