Upcoming Music - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Upcoming Music

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Upcoming Music

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:05 pm

Figured since there are a few music threads going on at the moment I figured another one couldn't hurt. I figure this could be a neat way of talking about some of the bands you like while finding out about a band you may not have known existed.

For me I'd say the top 4-5 that I'm looking for are

Audioslave - How can you not anticipate this. I mean you have one of the best singers of all time with a great guitarist to boot. Anytime Chris Cornell is putting any kind of music out I know it will be great. I have to assume that this will be even better then their last album since they have shown steady improvement since they have been together.

Tool - It's Tool... that's should be all I have to say. These guys are geniuses. From Maynard's amazing vocals/lyrics to Danny Carey's mind blowing percussion they are just awesome in every facet of music.

Pearl Jam - From some articles I've read they are going back to their harder roots which could be good or could be great. I mean I've loved the softer side of them on Riot Act, but I would love to hear some of the raw aggression that was on Ten. Obviously from my Sig you can tell that I can't wait to hear it.

AFI - This is a hit or miss. If they put out something better then Sing the Sorrow then I will be the happiest boy in all of the land. Of course I find it hard to think that they can though. They have been improving sine they released Black Sails in the Sunset, but after awhile you have to peak and with the greatness that was STS I have to assume that was it... Here's hoping they prove me wrong.

Possibly Metallica - These guys are about my favorite band of all time. But this is another one that I'm kind of worried about. St. Anger was not very good at all. The drums didn't sound very good which is surprising consider Lars is a great drummer and they Kirk didn't solo which is his bread and butter. Robert Trujillo is a great bassist so I'm not worried at all about him. Let's hope they can put out another great album, because if they don't I'm kind of worried that they will have jumped the shark.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:51 pm

tool ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bceagles04 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:09 pm

Audioslave and Pearl Jam ;-D ;-D

If pearl jam plays like they did on Ten, I would love it!!!

I am buyiing Audioslave the day it drops!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Upcoming Music

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:17 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
Possibly Metallica - These guys are about my favorite band of all time. But this is another one that I'm kind of worried about. St. Anger was not very good at all. The drums didn't sound very good which is surprising consider Lars is a great drummer and they Kirk didn't solo which is his bread and butter. Robert Trujillo is a great bassist so I'm not worried at all about him. Let's hope they can put out another great album, because if they don't I'm kind of worried that they will have jumped the shark.

Have you not heard every album since "Load"? :-b

I'm really serious here. Which of the albums since the Black Album would you call good, inspired releases?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby RugbyD » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:17 pm

1337_Dude wrote:Possibly Metallica - These guys are about my favorite band of all time. But this is another one that I'm kind of worried about. St. Anger was not very good at all. The drums didn't sound very good which is surprising consider Lars is a great drummer and they Kirk didn't solo which is his bread and butter. Robert Trujillo is a great bassist so I'm not worried at all about him. Let's hope they can put out another great album, because if they don't I'm kind of worried that they will have jumped the shark.

Until James realizes he's not a crooner, I can't see myself buying anything from them. It also won't help if they repeat the muddy garbage sound from St. Anger. 2 radio play were all i needed to hear to stop me from buying the CD.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:26 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Have you not heard every album since "Load"? :-b

I'm really serious here. Which of the albums since the Black Album would you call good, inspired releases?

In all honesty I liked Load and Re-Load. Some great songs are to be found on there Bleeding Me and Outlaw Torn are two of my favorites songs by them. I don't really count Garage Inc. or S&M as actual albums. So really the only thing they've put out that I personally didn't like was St. Anger.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:36 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:Have you not heard every album since "Load"? :-b

In all honesty I liked Load and Re-Load. Some great songs are to be found on there Bleeding Me and Outlaw Torn are two of my favorites songs by them. I don't really count Garage Inc. or S&M as actual albums. So really the only thing they've put out that I personally didn't like was St. Anger.

Interesting. I heard Load and couldn't get into it, so I got off the Metallica bus. I guess basically all I wanted to hear out of them is stuff like And Justice for All and the Black Album (true classics). I just didn't have the patience to follow them into their new watered-down direction.

Or maybe I was just sickened by the rumor of what the cover art for Load is supposed to be... :-P

To each his own though. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:44 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Interesting. I heard Load and couldn't get into it, so I got off the Metallica bus. I guess basically all I wanted to hear out of them is stuff like And Justice for All and the Black Album (true classics). I just didn't have the patience to follow them into their new watered-down direction.

Or maybe I was just sickened by the rumor of what the cover art for Load is supposed to be... :-P

To each his own though. ;-D

Yea I won't lie, i'm not a true metal head so I liked the really mellow stuff mixed in. That actually isn't a rumor, I've heard Lars admit to that being true.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:15 pm

The albums I'm anticipating most this year are:

Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth
Gnarls Barkley - Untitled
Outkast - Idlewind
Soul Position - Untitled
The Cunninlynguists - A Piece of Strange

And I'm sure there are a slew of others that I'm forgetting at the moment.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:28 pm

I think you know my vote ;-D
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next