Players you're targeting?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players you're targeting??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:59 pm

Mike Jacobs-20+ home runs and 80+ RBIs could be a very good pick late in the draft. Im worried about 1b Wes Helms though...
Doug Davis- Good source for K's
Jay Seo - actually played well for his short stint in a Mets uni..
now he's pitching in another pitcher's ballpark...
Jim Thome - 30-35 hr's is not a stretch ...


I see D Cabrera's name on here a couple of times. As a Brave fan, I know that Leo can work miracles, but as a former Cabrera owner I'd still be taking him very late.


Im definitely taking Cabrera really late..
Last edited by J.C.Fighter on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby puckyou21 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:59 pm

cloverhurstdawg wrote:I see D Cabrera's name on here a couple of times. As a Brave fan, I know that Leo can work miracles, but as a former Cabrera owner I'd still be taking him very late.

I think Bedard is a much safer target. Bedard was looking great before his knee problem last year, and Leo will have him throwing strikes.


Agree with you about Bedard being safer, but if Cabrera can find a bit more control he could have a great year. I still think he slips to the late rounds, where he'd be nice to take a flier on.
"He who forgets will be destined to remember" -Ed Vedder
puckyou21
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 301
Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spokane, WA

Postby BritSox » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:04 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:Mike Jacobs-20+ home runs and 80+ RBIs could be a very good pick late in the draft. Im worried about 1b Wes Helms though...
Doug Davis- Good source for K's
Jay Seo - actually played well for his short stint in a Mets uni..
now he's pitching in another pitcher's ballpark...
Jim Thome - 30-35 hr's is not a stretch ...


I see D Cabrera's name on here a couple of times. As a Brave fan, I know that Leo can work miracles, but as a former Cabrera owner I'd still be taking him very late.


Im definitely taking Cabrera really late..


Davis is a good call...
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby bucksox » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Lowry
Barmes
C. Ray
Fielder
Liriano
Tracy
Loretta
Howard
bucksox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 540
Joined: 6 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby -Slap- » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:15 pm

Brandon Webb
Zach Duke
Francisco Liriano
Matt Cain
Dan Haren
Jose Valverde
Ramon Hernandez
Chris Shelton
Dan Johnson
Rickie Weeks
Willy Taveras
Jeff Francoeur
Brad Wilkerson
Jason Lane
Matt Holliday
Aaron 755
Ruth 714
Mays 660
Griffey 593
Robinson 586
Killebrew 573
Jackson 563
Schmidt 548
Mantle 536
Foxx 534
-Slap-
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 117
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Las Vegas

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:28 pm

Is it just me, or are there less sleepers than ever before this year? There are no clear-cut guys whose stats say they were shortchanged by luck a la Millwood last year.


I think the closest thing to a sleeper there is this year is Ryan Howard.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 7 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sittin' on Trent Lotts porch

Postby Jenkins » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:23 am

Prince
Felix
Wright
Image
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 812
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birmingham, AL

Postby J.C.Fighter » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:28 am

dannyolbb wrote:Is it just me, or are there less sleepers than ever before this year? There are no clear-cut guys whose stats say they were shortchanged by luck a la Millwood last year.


I think the closest thing to a sleeper there is this year is Ryan Howard.


I wouldn't consider Howard a sleeper.. :-?
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:38 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:Is it just me, or are there less sleepers than ever before this year? There are no clear-cut guys whose stats say they were shortchanged by luck a la Millwood last year.


I think the closest thing to a sleeper there is this year is Ryan Howard.


I wouldn't consider Howard a sleeper.. :-?
.

I think it depends on how you define "sleeper." I'm thinking of it as "wildly undervalued." I'd also put RJ and Miguel Cabrera in that category.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 7 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sittin' on Trent Lotts porch

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 5:53 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact