GQ's Top 10 Most Hated Athletes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

GQ's Top 10 Most Hated Athletes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:07 pm

I am surprised Roenick didn't make that list, I can't think of anyone that likes him.

That Pierzynski thing is just low. :-t
2nd in the Baseball Leg of the Cafe Challenge.
CC Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I too am a bit surprised not to see Artest's name on that list. Same goes for Tie Domi. Honestly, is there really a more hated man in professional hockey than Domi? The guy gets into it with everybody, fans included. Also somewhat surprised not to see David Beckham on the list. For as many people that adore him, there are at least as many who hate him.

Tie Domi is no jerk, he's a character guy all-around, and has done a ton of positive things in the Toronto community over his career here.

That one incident with the fan from Philadelphia wasn't his fault either. The guy was leaning over the penalty box glass, while pouring his beer all over him. Then the glass broke through and he fell right into the box. What did you think Domi was going to do? Just let the entire incident slide?

Tell that to Scott Niedermayer - that was one of the dirtiest most cowardly hits in the history of pro sports.

That's the only thing Domi haters ever bring up when they want to bash him. I mean it was basically like a war out there in that series, there were huge hits every single game. Stevens was even irate after the Niedermayer hit and looked to get almost everybody from that point on. Niedermayer also was the guy who cut him in Game 2 without getting penalized, and eventually Domi, as he said he would, got him back for it. He obviously shouldn't have stuck his elbow up so high when he hit him, it was a stupid thing to do, but it was in the heat of the moment, and he served his time for it.
Domi made his money off being an enforcer in the NHL so you can't fault him for doing his job, and he's certainly not a jerk outside of the NHL.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:26 pm

MAD, can you tell me what happened? Were punches thrown? Shoving? Pete is my all time fav. You got to love intensity.

TO might not be a bad guy, but he acts 16.

Unless you have these folks over for dinner, i don't think you can really say. Puckett was considered a model player by fans and media. The guy was in the end kind of a ***. Ted Bundy was a great guy, at least most thought, until they found out. I still thing Bonds gets way too much hate. I can think of tons of bb players who actually did bad things.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 pm

HOOTIE wrote:MAD, can you tell me what happened? Were punches thrown? Shoving? Pete is my all time fav. You got to love intensity.

I wish I knew. I've been checking with not a whole lot of luck so far. Once the season is over, I might get some insight from a couple of the guys I know out there. I'll be sure to pass it on if I do. ;-)

Oh, and yes, Pete's intensity is cool with me. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk