GQ's Top 10 Most Hated Athletes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

GQ's Top 10 Most Hated Athletes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:16 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I too am a bit surprised not to see Artest's name on that list. Same goes for Tie Domi. Honestly, is there really a more hated man in professional hockey than Domi? The guy gets into it with everybody, fans included. Also somewhat surprised not to see David Beckham on the list. For as many people that adore him, there are at least as many who hate him.

nobody likes soccer :-t

Given the option of watching fishing or soccer, I'd choose soccer in a heartbeat.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GQ's Top 10 Most Hated Athletes

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:21 pm

Coppermine wrote:06. Michael Iocanelli, Fishing : This is the one that's getting most attention for a few reasons. One is that he's a bass fisherman, and last I checked, anglers aren't really athletes. Apparently in the southern-conservative sport of fishing, this Jersey-ite yells and swears at the fish. Sounds like just the thing bass fishing needs; to bad I still don't watch it.

How can this guy bother anyone. I mean who is around to hear him yell at the fish? If this guy is on there why not Pete Weber?

Hrmm suprisingly AROD isn't on there. He's one of my favorites, but I know a lot of people aren't to keen on the Yankees and he's about the biggest target on the team. I guess we know now there aren't any Cafe users at GQ.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Given the option of watching fishing or soccer, I'd choose soccer in a heartbeat.

I'd rather watch fishing for 10 hours than soccer for 10 minutes. But hey, that's just me.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Given the option of watching fishing or soccer, I'd choose soccer in a heartbeat.

I'd rather watch fishing for 10 hours than soccer for 10 minutes. But hey, that's just me.

me too
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Hmm, surprised to not see Artest on there as well, that guy is an idiot. Also surprised to not see Kid Wonderful on the list as well. I would think that a lot of people hate him. If you ask me, he is symbolic of everything that is wrong with pro sports.

And Mook, why all the hate for Zo? I've actually always liked and rooted for the guy. But then again, Rodman is probably my all-time favorite NBA player, so maybe I'm a little off... :-b

kid wonderful would definitely get my vote. :-)

i agree with mook about mourning...urgh! :-P i actually liked him a while back when i still cared about the NBA. yes, i did care, long time ago. :*)

no hockey guys in the list? how about daniel alfredsson? :-b
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:I really don't think TO is that bad but thats just me.

I can see bonds #1 though he's a tool bag

I agree with both statements, I kind of like to see what T.O. will do next and it kind of intrigues me. His play on the field blows me away and I watch him every time I get the chance to. Although I just drafted Bonds on my team, He's still done some pretty ridiculous things in his career and deserves #1.. ;-D

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:54 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I really don't think TO is that bad but thats just me.

I can see bonds #1 though he's a tool bag

I agree with both statements, I kind of like to see what T.O. will do next and it kind of intrigues me. His play on the field blows me away and I watch him every time I get the chance to. Although I just drafted Bonds on my team, He's still done some pretty ridiculous things in his career and deserves #1.. ;-D

I mean TO pissed off Philly I guess... well McNabb... he still had 25 players come to his birthday party so I guess he wasn't that bad...plus people in philly are always angry, I mean come on they live in philly
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:24 pm

Surprised A-rod isn't on there :-?
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DevilDriver » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:39 pm

Curt Schilling the 4th most hated athlete in the world :-?

Seems like a nice guy to me.......
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:And Mook, why all the hate for Zo? I've actually always liked and rooted for the guy. But then again, Rodman is probably my all-time favorite NBA player, so maybe I'm a little off... :-b

After his kidney surgery the Nets showed faith in him and gave him a 4 year $6M/yr contract. When the Nets started doing poorly he demanded a trade. Then he started criticizing the team for weeks on end he was just the biggest jerk until they finally traded him.

He was traded to the Raptors for Vince Carter. For Mourning this was going from bad to worse and he refused to show up. Not only did he not play he never even came to Canada. His excuse was that he was medically unfit to play but he also refused to retire and took up a lot of cap room. So he refused to play and he refused to retire and demanded that the Raptors buy him out. The Raptors were stupid and paid him $10M to buy out his contract. Of course one week later he is miraculously healthy again and signs with the Miami Heat and has been averaging about 7 pppg, 5 rpg and about 2.5 bpg.

This guy makes TO look like mother Theresa.
Absolute ass :-t :-t :-t
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk