Looking for site to host a keeper league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looking for site to host a keeper league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for site to host a keeper league...

Postby thehotcorner » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:48 am

Sorry if there is a better forum to post this in feel free to move it.

So I have been in a private 5x5 roto league over yahoo for the past 3 years or so. Seeing as how we have the same participants from year to year we're thinkin about turning it into a keeper league. I'm wondering how you guys in keeper and dynasty leagues run things. Any recommended websites that host these types of leagues? Of course I'm willing to pay. Just wanna know which sites some of you guys may use, which might be the best value, which has the best support, etc.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby crapshooter » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:15 am

Sportsline beats everything I've seen so far. I've been using them for years and there was a time when I wasn't satisfied but the past three or four years they've worked out all their problems and are great.
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TonyCee » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:43 pm

TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kentx12 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:47 pm

1st off Sportsline is a waste of money. The site is awful imo. I would recomend staying with Yahoo. It is free, easy to use and the best fantasy site that I have used. I run a keeper on Yahoo and have a yahoo group page set up to keep everything stored in during the offseason. It is sipmle to use.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby pepperoncino » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:02 am

i'm in the same boat - been using yahoo and would like to continue to use it for this year's upcoming keeper league, but i'm not sure how easy it will be to run a keeper league there...i'll have to look into the group page option for storing info...hopefully yahoo will have even more customization options available this year.
pepperoncino
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:35 am

Fanstar.com is pretty nice. It's pay (something like $70/year, but that's not much between 14 owners), but you can even set your league up before paying, so there's no reason why you shouldn't at least give it a look-see.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:06 am

Depends on the frills you want and how much per team you want to pay. Our league just wants the basics and Rotowire.com does a pretty goob job. We've used Sportsline as well and while our experience was positive, it just wasn't worth paying $50 more.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:59 am

kentx12 wrote:1st off Sportsline is a waste of money. The site is awful imo. I would recomend staying with Yahoo. It is free, easy to use and the best fantasy site that I have used. I run a keeper on Yahoo and have a yahoo group page set up to keep everything stored in during the offseason. It is sipmle to use.

It's not to much work to set up a yahoo group or a proboard. Pretty much everyone of my keepers uses Yahoo with either a group or board set up for offseason/prospect/draft stuff.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:30 am

kentx12 wrote:1st off Sportsline is a waste of money. The site is awful imo. I would recomend staying with Yahoo. It is free, easy to use and the best fantasy site that I have used. I run a keeper on Yahoo and have a yahoo group page set up to keep everything stored in during the offseason. It is sipmle to use.

I've done exactly this for six years now, only we use Proboards.com instead of Yahoo! Groups, and it always goes off without a hitch. Everybody loves it! ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Jivedude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers