Hardball's Top 20 2B - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hardball's Top 20 2B

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Thursday » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:02 pm

I actually somewhat agree with the low ranking of Soriano, but i still believe 10th is too low, don't get me wrong.

He will see a drop in numbers this year, and might not even be 2B eligible after the season, as the Nats are projecting him in the outfield currently. He will be the 5th best 2B this season, behind Utley, Figgins, Cantu, and Kent (in that order).
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2b rankings

Postby Eightan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:08 pm

Webster11 wrote:
Eightan wrote:people keep talking about soriano's move to a bigger park... those people seem to forget that he hit 38 or so homers two years in a row as a right handed hitter in yankee stadium. now i don't know the measurements of the two parks (i.e. yankee stadium and in washington) but i think the fact that only 2 or so right handed hitters in yankee history have hit more than 40 homers in a single season is telling. bottom line, sori hitting 38 at yankee stadium is impressive and i'm sure he can do it again in washington.

No need to look back at his stats from 2 years ago, just look at his stats from last year. He hit .315 with 60 runs, 25 hrs, 73 rbi, and 14 sb at home in one of the best hitters parks. Away from arlington he hit .224 with 42 runs, 11 hr, 31 rbi, and 16 sb. Now hes moving to one of the best pitchers parks so his home numbers will probably be even worse than his away numbers this year. He may be good for some steals and hrs but thats about it, and his avg could kill you. Id avoid him completely on draft day because theres bound to be someone who drafts him thinking theyll be getting a repeat of last years numbers.

His off numbers last year could be reflective of the iunjury marred season he had in 2004. That being said, I'm certainly not going to pick him in the 1st round (my league counts K's :-o )... but I frankly don't see any reason to trash the guy, especially for those who compete in 4x4 or 5x5 leagues.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers