Keeper League Question... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper League Question...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Question...

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:22 pm

I am trying to start a keeper league and am trying to devise a system that would reward managers for picking developing players that improve greatly during the season. For example, In auction leagues, someone may have drafter Dontrelle Willis a few years ago, and get to keep him at maybe $15 this year. I would like that same effect, except I want to use a draft rather than an auction. Any suggestions?
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:37 pm

just set if up so guys can keep players by giving up the round they picked them in. For example, say you drafted johnny Peralta in the 15th round last year. Maybe this year you get to keep him by giving up your 15th rounder. The only thing you have to decide is how many rounds it should be moved up each year. Do want to make it so the peralta owner gets to keep him at that price forever, or should it move up next year. Personally, if i was doing a league like this, id do it in the following manner.

The first year a player is kept, the owner gives up their draft pick the round they were chosen in.

after that, the draft picks moves up each year.
rounds 11---> whenever. The player moves up 4 rounds each year until they reach round 10. Example: you drafted felipe lopez in round 20. In year 2, he is a your 20th rounder, year 3 your 16th rounder, then 12th ect

rounds 1---->10. move up 2 spots each year. you'd have to decide what to do with 1st roundrs

This system is kinda confusing, but i think it would work well. Although owners should be rewarded for their good late sleepers, you dont want some guy living off a 20th round albert pujols for a decade.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:58 pm

hmm, very good idea ;-D
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby craigandthem » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:37 am

@tlef316

What rules does your league have in place for when a player gets traded? If I draft somebody in the 5th round and then trade him, does his new owner have the option of keeping him in the 5th round? What about players that are traded who aren't eligible to be kept? Say somebody that you've already kept for the max 3 seasons?
craigandthem
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tlef316 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:35 pm

craigandthem wrote:@tlef316

What rules does your league have in place for when a player gets traded? If I draft somebody in the 5th round and then trade him, does his new owner have the option of keeping him in the 5th round? What about players that are traded who aren't eligible to be kept? Say somebody that you've already kept for the max 3 seasons?

my league doesnt use this system. i was just thinking out loud. I wish my league had some sort of system to make keeping non-superstars a viable option, but we dont.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers