Is anyone worried about Pedro's toe? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is anyone worried about Pedro's toe?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is anyone worried about Pedro's toe?

Postby Music2004Man » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:28 pm

I'm just curious if any of you are worried about Pedro's toe? It seems like it's taking a long time for it to heal. I think he's going to be putting a good amount of innings on his arm this year with the WBC during Spring Training. Is this a good time to sell high?
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phillibuster » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:50 pm

I'd be a little nervous about it...but wouldn't allow it to affect my rankings until more is known. Some are expecting him to bow out of the WBC.

FWIW, I dealt Pedro from my team for Hudson and Lidge midway through last season. Thought it was a good deal at the time, but am regretting it now when its time to choose keepers.
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ratts » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:02 pm

i've worried about pedro's injuries or potential injuries for years now and i've always regretted that i passed on him ...... but i just know that i'm gonna be right one of these years (i guess that'll make me feel better?) ...... anyway, hope i helped .... haha
i shall become enlightened for the sake of all living things ...... aiko aiko
ratts
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Ender » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:15 pm

Yes and I'm worried about Sheets shoulder and ear and I'm worried about Halladay's leg and I'm worried about RJ's back and I'm worried about Oswalts back and I'm worried about Peavy's groin (don't quote me on that) and I'm worried about Harden's shoulder etc etc.

Can't go around worrying about pitchers, they are all one wrong move away from the DL, its why you always devalue them come draft time and go hitters first.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jenkins » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:18 pm

Pedro is going to be fine. His toe has been hurt for a while now. Its not like his shoulder is hurt. He'll be ready by the season.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:30 pm

Jenkins wrote:Pedro is going to be fine. His toe has been hurt for a while now. Its not like his shoulder is hurt. He'll be ready by the season.

Word.
And I like the Benny Av.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:42 am

Supposedly he was going to skip the WBC due to the toe. There was even a rumor (Bob Klapisch/Bergen Record) that the toe story was fabricated solely to allow Pedro to bow out of the WBC gracefully. Last I read was an article on ESPN Deportes that said Pedro was going to go ahead and pitch. There hasn't been any new news (about the toe) since then.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Esen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:00 am

Im not worried about his toe at all. He has 9 others
~Erik
Esen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:16 pm

Pedro Martinez pronounced himself in good health and expressed confidence he would represent the Dominican Republic in March. "I am recovering very well, the foot is going well, and I have my mind on the World Baseball Classic," Martinez told the Spanish-language newspaper Hoy.

Martinez, who pitched much of last season with a sore foot, indicated he had started his throwing program. He won't attend the Mets' caravan that rolls off today in New York when Carlos Delgado, Paul Lo Duca, Billy Wagner and David Wright ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange.

NY Daily News
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:23 pm

I think his pitching will be pretty limited in the WBC as well, or at least comparable to if he was in spring training.

I think he'll have another great season this year.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers