OK...let's hear some comments on this... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

OK...let's hear some comments on this...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: OK...let's hear some comments on this...

Postby xeifrank » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:32 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:From the NY Daily News/Madden:

"Baseball is about as exciting as standing in line at the supermarket. Baseball doesn't test anything but your ability to withstand boredom.
NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
in Sports Illustrated this week"

What an a**.

Sure, baseball does not have the non stop action that other sports like football, basketball and hockey may have. TO me, people that make comments like this are part of the mental midget American public. All sports have their good and bad, and each person likes different aspects of them. Keep in mind the comment that people often make fun of things they don't understand. P.T. comes out looking like a mental midget on this one.

vr, Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roadrunner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:40 pm

yeah, that pool was filled to capacity in october/ november 2001. both with people and baseballs
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:50 pm

roadrunner wrote:yeah, that pool was filled to capacity in october/ november 2001. both with people and baseballs

And nothing since then...How is Russ Ortiz working out...or Javy Vazquez? I would imagine with those two, the pool has been a very high-priced ticket with the probability og getting a free souveneir so high. They distribute mitts to those in the pool?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: OK...let's hear some comments on this...

Postby wrveres » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:53 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:From the NY Daily News/Madden:

"Baseball is about as exciting as standing in line at the supermarket. Baseball doesn't test anything but your ability to withstand boredom.
NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
in Sports Illustrated this week"

What an a**.

interesting .. I pegged you as a Tagiabue kinda guy.
You've got so much in common, most notiably, your both tools for your respective organizations, no sense of humor, and you both hold grudges for years ... :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby thedude » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:57 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
And nothing since then...How is Russ Ortiz working out...or Javy Vazquez?

People in glass houses...
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby roadrunner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:57 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:yeah, that pool was filled to capacity in october/ november 2001. both with people and baseballs

And nothing since then...How is Russ Ortiz working out...or Javy Vazquez? I would imagine with those two, the pool has been a very high-priced ticket with the probability og getting a free souveneir so high. They distribute mitts to those in the pool?

In all honestly i'd rather sit through another 111 loss season and see Boston win the AL east.
I get much more enjoyment seeing the yankees fail.
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:36 pm

roadrunner wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Ugh. I hate fans like this. :-t
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby roadrunner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:02 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Explain, fans like what? don't be so vague. you mean fans that don't like the yankees? How do you know what kind of fan i am?
What if fans like me hate fans like you? Hate is a strong word, do you truly hate this kind of fan or just dislike this kind of fan?
Was there even enough substance in my initial comment to garner such a heavy emotion as hate?
You under estimate the disdain that baseball fans have towards the yankees, given they are fans of any other team of course. there are 25 other baseball clubs that come into spring training every single year at a disadvantage to the powerful clubs like the yankees. lots of those fans come into each season knowing that if their team can play .500 ball it is a successful season. So for some fans, yes their best remedy for a 30 million dollar payrole is to see the team with a $200 million dollar infield fall flat on their face.
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wyatt » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:32 pm

I'm a baseball & football fan. One has to agree that in watching a game football is more exciting. But baseball provides more fun stastically than football does. From a fantasy standpoint I'll take baseball hands down. With football set your lineup & go. For the most part other than if there's an injury most of the primary players are gone after the draft. Baseball is ongoing once you start preparing for the draft until the season is over. Bring on baseball. I'm ready.

As for the Yankees I love to see them not succeed for a few reasons. I play in a league with a few of their fans so it makes the season more fun when they underachieve. & Also I'm sure it pains George to know he's spent all that money & he didn't even get to the Series. That's the best. Don't get me wrong I like alot of the players on their team, it's just more fun to root against them just as it is in football to despise the Cowboys.
Wyatt
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:10 pm

roadrunner wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Explain, fans like what? don't be so vague. you mean fans that don't like the yankees? How do you know what kind of fan i am?
What if fans like me hate fans like you? Hate is a strong word, do you truly hate this kind of fan or just dislike this kind of fan?
Was there even enough substance in my initial comment to garner such a heavy emotion as hate?
You under estimate the disdain that baseball fans have towards the yankees, given they are fans of any other team of course. there are 25 other baseball clubs that come into spring training every single year at a disadvantage to the powerful clubs like the yankees. lots of those fans come into each season knowing that if their team can play .500 ball it is a successful season. So for some fans, yes their best remedy for a 30 million dollar payrole is to see the team with a $200 million dollar infield fall flat on their face.

OK..I dislike fans who would rather see their rival lose than see their own team win. I myself dislike the Yankees, but I would pick the seeing the Mets win over seeing the Yankees lose any day. I can't say I'm not happy when they get blown out, but it's not what I would hope for.

Like one of my teachers always talks about how the Mets suck during class, but never says one good thing about the Yankees. It's just stupid.

Oh yeah..the Yankees are no longer "powerful."
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers