coco crisp to bosox for marte and mota - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

coco crisp to bosox for marte and mota

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tms298 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:09 pm

KOSTAS wrote:Let's see who Cleveland can send out there in the #4 and #5 spots this year. Marte won't help them til 2007.

I would bet Perralta, Hafner and V. Martinez might be in those spots.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:11 pm

Wozzyck wrote:1) The only confirmation of such a deal is coming from someone's brother and the Boston Herald's Tony Massarotti, neither of whom I have much confidence in. The more reliable Boston Globe has yet to confirm the trade after 12+ hr. Assuming that it does happen, I would imagine that there are some (possibly mitigating) details that have been left unreported.

THANK YOU!!! I have been asking about this since last night. Of course, in my house in Central Illinois, I've not had much in the way of sources but I'm in the midst of shoveling files around in my iPod and it's fun to hang out and watch this 'story' (???) develop!! I check the sports news sites and haven't seen anything other than rumors. All of the 'sources' that have claimed to have had more seem to share 'Boston' somewhere.

At least the Cubs have locked up the Felix Pie for Manny deal though... :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby thedude » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:36 pm

Crisp is a five tool player. Granted he is not outstanding at any of the tools, but he is average to above average at all of them.

So despite the fact i want to keep marte, i would rather get a guy who is very well rounded than a short stop who is terrible defensily, Julio Lugo.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:37 pm

tms298 wrote:
KOSTAS wrote:Let's see who Cleveland can send out there in the #4 and #5 spots this year. Marte won't help them til 2007.

LOL!!! ;-D :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby The Cow » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:51 pm

The Tribe's website has a report on the deal.http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/N ... p&c_id=cle

This tells me this is a done deal as they don't typically report on just rumors.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Wozzyck » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:05 pm

The Cow wrote:The Tribe's website has a report on the deal.http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/N ... p&c_id=cle

This tells me this is a done deal as they don't typically report on just rumors.

This doesn't really mean anything. This website isn't run by the Cleveland Indians organization, and they're merely citing the story in the Boston Herald, revealing no insight or new information. The mlb.com sites often pick up on rumors in the major papers, though they do leave alone the message board/website garbage.
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:16 pm

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Paul Hoynes, the Indians will acquire Andy Marte, Guillermo Mota and a minor league pitcher from the Red Sox for Coco Crisp and two low-level prospects.
Hoynes indicates that a physical for Mota, scheduled for early in the week, is the only hurdle left. If the deal is finalized, the Indians would likely then trade Mota, Arthur Rhodes or David Riske to the Phillies for Jason Michaels. We're left to wonder why the Red Sox just don't trade Mota for Michaels themselves. It'd make a lot more sense than this. Jan. 22 - 8:55 pm et
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Just an update from rotoworld.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KOSTAS » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:22 pm

tms298 wrote:

um, I was talking about pitching spots :-)
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thedude » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:27 pm

Cleveland.com wrote:Source: Indians to trade Crisp

7:17 p.m.

Depending on how right-hander Guillermo Mota's physical goes, Coco Crisp could be Boston's new center fielder sometime this week.The Indians and Boston, according to a major league source, are considering a six-player trade that would send Crisp and two low-level minor leaguers to Boston for third base prospect Andy Marte, Mota and another a minor league pitcher. The Indians would then trade Mota to Philadelphia for outfielder Jason Michaels.There's also a chance that the Indians could keep Mota, if he passes his physical, and send David Riske or Arthur Rhodes to the Phillies. If Mota doesn't pass the Indians and Phillies physical, the three-team deal could be scrubbed.

- Paul Hoynes
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wozzyck » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:02 pm

Here's another report (this one cites the Michaels trade as the most significant obstacle, not mentioning a Mota physical):

Published reports insisting that Coco Crisp is about to become a member of the Boston Red Sox are at least a little premature.
Yes, the Cleveland Indians are working with the Red Sox on a deal that would send the left fielder to Boston in exchange for third-base prospect Andy Marte, 22, whom the Tribe has coveted for a while.

However, it's unlikely the Indians will complete a trade for Marte unless they can acquire outfielder Jason Michaels from the Philadelphia Phillies.

The Tribe reportedly is willing to part with one of two relievers, Arthur Rhodes or Rafael Betancourt, in exchange for Michaels, 29, who batted .304 but had only 289 at-bats in 2005.

One Tribe operative said he didn't think anything would happen for at least two days, while General Manager Mark Shapiro tried to obtain Michaels.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13687835.htm
Wozzyck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers