coco crisp to bosox for marte and mota - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

coco crisp to bosox for marte and mota

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LiveForever » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:14 pm

KOSTAS wrote:
I predict

.297, 22hr, 80rbi, 105runs, 28sb

that's a fantasy stud right there....

That all looks good except for the 28 steals. The BoSox play a variation of Beane Ball (no stealing). Id say more along the lines of 15-20 steals (like Damon last season).
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:35 pm

LiveForever wrote:
KOSTAS wrote:
I predict

.297, 22hr, 80rbi, 105runs, 28sb

that's a fantasy stud right there....

That all looks good except for the 28 steals. The BoSox play a variation of Beane Ball (no stealing). Id say more along the lines of 15-20 steals (like Damon last season).

Coco's numbers will definitely drop moving to Fenway Park...horrible deal for the Sox...Marte is too valuable
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:42 pm

The Cow wrote:Oh brother I was hoping this deal was dead! As a Tribe fan losing Crisp bites!

Boston will be saying Johnny who??? after seeing Crisp play. Boston will also say what did we really give up to get crisp? A minor leaguer and Mota who's arm is worrisome.

I have said it before and I will say it again Marte is OVERRATED!! Not to mention that he may have a bum arm.

Tribe's OF:
LF-Marte
CF-Sizemore
RF- Blake

If this deal does go down I see the Tribe dealing a RP for a RF. Riske and Betancourt jump out as the most tradable. Tribe wants Blake as reserve at best the Tribe has a ton of bullpen arms, so somebody will go.

Still not tired of being turned into hamburger.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:23 pm

Here's ESPN:

"the Indians couldn't trade Crisp unless they found someone to replace him. And that means the Red Sox would have to turn this into a huge, complicated deal. So we'd place the odds on this one to the south of 50-50."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2298841

I dunno, the 'sources' *cough cough* seem to be Boston media outlets competing for market share. Or maybe the ARE talking to Boston sources who are being honest that they'd like him? I don't see Marte as having the goods just yet to get them all excited. Even tossing in Peralta. It would be an interesting fit but I'm just not sure it'll fly.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Re: Boston Dirt Dogs

Postby tlef316 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:31 pm

GreenMonsterGoon wrote:Boston Dirt Dogs was speculating earlier today in the possibility of expanding the deal to includ perralta.

Crisp
Perralta

Marte
Pedroia
Mota

keep dreaming
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ender » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:40 pm

Yeah I'm sure a mid market team who finally has a window open to become a player in the playoffs is going to trade away their young talented SS and a key OF for some prospects and a setup man coming off an injury riddled season. Gotta love the Red Sox/Yankee rumor mill where its assumed all smaller market teams are there just to feed them talent.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:55 pm

Ender wrote:Yeah I'm sure a mid market team who finally has a window open to become a player in the playoffs is going to trade away their young talented SS and a key OF for some prospects and a setup man coming off an injury riddled season. Gotta love the Red Sox/Yankee rumor mill where its assumed all smaller market teams are there just to feed them talent.

I think this is exactly what is going on. Wishful thinking by one of the hundreds of reporters out in Boston.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Scooter1027 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:00 am

Ender wrote:Yeah I'm sure a mid market team who finally has a window open to become a player in the playoffs is going to trade away their young talented SS and a key OF for some prospects and a setup man coming off an injury riddled season. Gotta love the Red Sox/Yankee rumor mill where its assumed all smaller market teams are there just to feed them talent.

No kidding, just another reason why I was thrilled when the Brewers extended Sheets last year. I was so tired of Gammons and the east coast media writing him off as trade bait for Boston. Turns out, he loves it here. Part owner of the Milwaukee Admirals (IHL team), and he just seems to pop up all over the place now (he just sat in a did commentary during the Bucks/Bobcats game on TV tonight).

Anyway, sorry to get off track. If the trade goes through as the original poster laid it out, I think Cleveland wins. Crisp is a nice player, should fill Boston's hole. But I think Marte can be special.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Boston Dirt Dogs

Postby nikku88 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:38 am

GreenMonsterGoon wrote:Boston Dirt Dogs was speculating earlier today in the possibility of expanding the deal to includ perralta.

Crisp
Perralta

Marte
Pedroia
Mota

I'm surprised the dirt dogs didn't try to include Hafner as well.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby oddmanout7 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:12 am

Looks official...

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/co ... LB&id=6983

The Indians went out and traded a RP for Jason Michaels.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers