What makes someone a Vet in the cafe? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What makes someone a Vet in the cafe?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:41 pm

I think I have to be in the running for this award. Really though i'd say the best thing to do is maybe get in a league with a few "Cafe Vets" and show them what you've got and then you have people who can vouch for you or whatever.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

I already got that going for me

Postby Ballwreckers » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Really though i'd say the best thing to do is maybe get in a league with a few "Cafe Vets" and show them what you've got and then you have people who can vouch for you or whatever.

I already have that going for me already if I need that (Trevisc,Tlef,EFTDA,RugbyD,Kimchi just to nake a few) I just think its funny that some guy who has been in the cafe can call themself a "Cafe Vet" just because they have more than 1,000 posts opposed to someone who has been here since year two that less than 1,000.Don't get me wrong, having ppl back you up is good, but take other things into consideration besides a #. Thats me .02 B-)
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Ballwreckers did you used to have an animated Weezer avatar? Or am I thinking of somebody else?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

maybe

Postby Ballwreckers » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:07 pm

Maybe..was is it worth to ya? It has been awhile dince i had that one. I have grown attached to sammy these days.
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: maybe

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:10 pm

Ballwreckers wrote:Maybe..was is it worth to ya? It has been awhile dince i had that one. I have grown attached to sammy these days.

Strange how much we associate with somebody's avatar. I immediately think of the guy with the Weezer av as a vet b/c you have more posts as that guy but the Pulp Fiction av it new to me and I don't associate you with Weezer dude.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Re: maybe

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:04 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Ballwreckers wrote:Maybe..was is it worth to ya? It has been awhile dince i had that one. I have grown attached to sammy these days.

Strange how much we associate with somebody's avatar. I immediately think of the guy with the Weezer av as a vet b/c you have more posts as that guy but the Pulp Fiction av it new to me and I don't associate you with Weezer dude.

Tell me what you think of me Mookie! O:-)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: I already got that going for me

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:34 am

Ballwreckers wrote:
Really though i'd say the best thing to do is maybe get in a league with a few "Cafe Vets" and show them what you've got and then you have people who can vouch for you or whatever.

I already have that going for me already if I need that (Trevisc,Tlef,EFTDA,RugbyD,Kimchi just to nake a few) I just think its funny that some guy who has been in the cafe can call themself a "Cafe Vet" just because they have more than 1,000 posts opposed to someone who has been here since year two that less than 1,000.Don't get me wrong, having ppl back you up is good, but take other things into consideration besides a #. Thats me .02 B-)

I totally agree with you actually. I've been turned down for a few leagues based on my post count even though i've been here for a long time and just never really posted anything.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:00 pm

You're not a vet in the cafe until you've had sex with Madison's wife.

:-o :-D

j/k, j/k
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:03 pm

Coppermine wrote:You're not a vet in the cafe until you've had sex with Madison's wife.

j/k, j/k

Which is quite hard unless you are some sort of USB cable unless you wanna use the LPT port :-o

j/k also

You see Madison is percieved to be some sort of super computer so this is why his wife would also be a computer......nevermind
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:08 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:You're not a vet in the cafe until you've had sex with Madison's wife.

j/k, j/k

Which is quite hard unless you are some sort of USB cable unless you wanna use the LPT port :-o

j/k also

You see Madison is percieved to be some sort of super computer so this is why his wife would also be a computer......nevermind

Yeah, good luck having sex with a USB port...
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk