Car Question... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Car Question...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:13 am

bceagles04 wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Check out this site, its full of usefull info...

http://www.edmunds.com

ya i had seen that before...great site!

For RWD...I live about 30 minutes NW of Boston which means we get a good deal of snow. Would RWD not be a good option for my climate?

Basically how BIG is the difference in snow handeling?

there is a definite difference, but with a low-powered car you should be fine.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:19 am

pokerplaya wrote:
domination wrote:mazda RX8 is the sickest car on the road, its expensive, so you'd have to get used, but i think its awesome.

Here is a link
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=RX8

:-L :-L :-L :-L My dad owns one, and I love it. 6 speed manual of course, I love driving that thing whenever he gives me the chance. Fast, slick, and one heck of a car.

I test drove one. While the car is nice, I didn't like the price. It was over $40K by the time I got all the options on it I wanted.

As to RWD, I'd stick with FWD, especially in icy/snowy conditions.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:50 am

First of all, can I put in my own suggestion?

I did a lot of research last year for a great car, at a great price, with good gas mileage, that looks sporty, is fun to drive and might even turn some heads.

Now, I love the Scion TC, but you'll be hard pressed to find a good used one considering how new they are. If you buy new, even thought their base is moderately priced, it's the extras that make the car cool and they can skyrocket the price pretty quick.

So, here's my shameless marketing pitch; Mazda. I ended up buying a 2003 Protege just because it fit better into my budget, but the Mazda3 is awesome. I really think it turns some heads since it doesn't look like your typical, run of the mill Honda/Toyota sedan. It gets great gas mileage, has some cool features and it really is fun to drive (a friend of mine has the Mazda3 and I drove it a few times). All in all, it's a great car for the price. Yeah, the RX-8 is totally awesome, but I'd say a rotary engine is probably a little out of your price range for a first car... I'd call that something to shoot for.

Also, I would definitely go with a manual transmission... I got my Protege as a 5 speed and I was a little worried at first; I hadn't drove stick since I was 17. But I picked it up in a second (it's like riding a bike) and now I don't think I ever want to go back to automatic again. As for RWD, what cars are you looking that even have RWD? I thought only sports cars have RWD nowadays? In any case, FWD is definitely the way to go if there's any chance of snow in your area. My girlfriend has an old 1990 Volvo with RWD and it's a real pain in bad weather, including just heavy rain.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:57 pm

Great post coppermine...

I am really impressed with what i have seen from Mazda so far (both the 3 and the RX-8)

I would like a Manual at some point...but for HS and College, I would rather stick to auto for simplicity's sake.

I am going to wait till I get my license then go test drive a bunch of different cars..I will try many of the cars listed in this thread and tell you what I think and what I finally decide on!!! Thanks for the help, and any more suggestions are appreciated
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 3 run homer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:04 pm

this is the car for you and it's a real chick magnet. 1968 Camaro Z28 vaaarrroooom.

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:45 pm

I have done some more research on cars...right now my #1 choice is a Mazda3.

I have talked to several people both peers and adults...and nothing but good things for this car.

Plus it starts at 15k so I could get some nice options.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:01 pm

Good call! ;-D ;-D

Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk