Car Question... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Car Question...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:03 pm

wow that tiburon is really nice looking...how does it drive/handle?

What are your overall impressions? MPG? How is the interior room? How is the trunk space? How is the acceleration? Is it too curb heavy...many of the reviews said that it was.

edit: And how about this?

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/eclipse/index.html

Looks pretty slick

oh and btw...my grandparents are paying insurance for the FIRST year only. After it is my parents and I splitting
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:13 pm

bceagles04 wrote:wow that tiburon is really nice looking...how does it drive/handle?

What are your overall impressions? MPG? How is the interior room? How is the trunk space? How is the acceleration? Is it too curb heavy...many of the reviews said that it was.

Handles like a dream, and has very good acceleration, even in the 4 cylinder. The V6 is fast! 8-o Mine's just the 4 cylinder though. Wanted the break on insurance and since I'm married with a kid, I really don't need a big engine car. :-D Getting anywhere from 28-32 MPG depending on how much traffic I have to sit through. Around 24 if I burn an entire tank city driving. All highway mileage gets me about 35 MPG for a tank. Does swing a bit depending on the type of driving, but for the looks and performance, it's worth it. As to the "Curb heavy" thing, It does hug the ground very solidly. Even drove it on the ice we got earlier this year without any slide issues at all. For me, that kind of handling is a plus. Not that we get a lot of ice, I just like cars that hold in turns without any difficulty. Trunk space is adequate. It's not huge, but it's not tiny. I only give it an average score for trunk space. Plenty of interior room for the driver and passenger. Back seat can be cramped if you've got tall friends, but most sports cars are that way. Besides, I'm driving, so who cares if someone else is cramped. Lol. :-D I kid, I kid. ;-) It's not that bad though. ;-)

The only negative about the car is that there's a pretty good blind spot over the driver's left shoulder. The mirrors are designed to compensate for that, and as long as you're paying attention and use the mirrors, it's not that bad.

Test drive one and see what you think. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:25 pm

My roommate just bought a loaded Scion tC for 18k. Loves it.

I personally like the Mazda 3's, though I've never driven in one so I couldn't tell you from experience. Definitely 2 cars to look into.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Shatner8 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:33 pm

Used Acura TSX/RSX
Shatner8
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HiddenIdentity » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:41 pm

Steal a car and pocket the 20K.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby domination » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:43 pm

mazda RX8 is the sickest car on the road, its expensive, so you'd have to get used, but i think its awesome.

Here is a link
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=RX8
Fear is the mind killer.
domination
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:40 pm

RugbyD wrote:you get a decent used car for 10-15k and invest the rest

I agree with this logic 100%. This will pay off for you more than a new car will. Besides, cars lose a lot of value the day you leave the lot.
Dolfin99
Coffee Grinder
Coffee Grinder

Cafe WriterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterFootball ModLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:00 am

Quick Question?? Who is paying for your insurance?

Being an underaged driver could cause your rates to be a little higher. If you have Drivers Training and/or good grades you can get it down but depending on if you are paying for the insurance I would make sure you get something practival and lower cost when it comes to insurance.

Let me know if you need help on this. I can give you some pointers since I own an insurance agency
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bceagles04 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:17 am

Madison wrote:
bceagles04 wrote:wow that tiburon is really nice looking...how does it drive/handle?

Handles like a dream, and has very good acceleration, even in the 4 cylinder. The V6 is fast! 8-o Mine's just the 4 cylinder though. Wanted the break on insurance and since I'm married with a kid, I really don't need a big engine car. :-D Getting anywhere from 28-32 MPG depending on how much traffic I have to sit through. Around 24 if I burn an entire tank city driving. All highway mileage gets me about 35 MPG for a tank. Does swing a bit depending on the type of driving, but for the looks and performance, it's worth it. As to the "Curb heavy" thing, It does hug the ground very solidly. Even drove it on the ice we got earlier this year without any slide issues at all. For me, that kind of handling is a plus. Not that we get a lot of ice, I just like cars that hold in turns without any difficulty. Trunk space is adequate. It's not huge, but it's not tiny. I only give it an average score for trunk space. Plenty of interior room for the driver and passenger. Back seat can be cramped if you've got tall friends, but most sports cars are that way. Besides, I'm driving, so who cares if someone else is cramped. Lol. :-D I kid, I kid. ;-) It's not that bad though. ;-)

The only negative about the car is that there's a pretty good blind spot over the driver's left shoulder. The mirrors are designed to compensate for that, and as long as you're paying attention and use the mirrors, it's not that bad.

Test drive one and see what you think. :-) ;-D

wow sounds nice!!! I will look into it for sure!

RIght now there are about 4-5 cars that really have my attention...but thanks for all the suggestions!!! You have really opened me up to new ideas!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:48 am

Insurance is gonna suck. I have a 94 Toyota that I put 20,000 miles on this summer. Held up pretty well.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk