2006 closer watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2006 closer watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Magnus_CA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:16 am

Is Wainsright ever going to get a save?
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2081
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:16 am

If it means anything to anyone, i dropped Papelbon recently in favor of Cla Meredith. I'll also note that i'm n a holds league.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2258
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soxfan364 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:30 pm

Guess it's not a keeper league?

Thursday wrote:If it means anything to anyone, i dropped Papelbon recently in favor of Cla Meredith. I'll also note that i'm n a holds league.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 799
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 8 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philly Pride » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:58 pm

Papelbon was only such a huge stud all year because he was the closer. I doubt he'll be a top 50 player next year.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 653
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:26 pm

Philly Pride wrote:Papelbon was only such a huge stud all year because he was the closer. I doubt he'll be a top 50 player next year.


Papelbon is quoted as saying he is done this year, and will be in the starting rotation next year
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Magnus_CA » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:35 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Papelbon was only such a huge stud all year because he was the closer. I doubt he'll be a top 50 player next year.


Papelbon is quoted as saying he is done this year, and will be in the starting rotation next year


So Hanson's the heir apparent?
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2081
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:06 pm

Magnus_CA wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Philly Pride wrote:Papelbon was only such a huge stud all year because he was the closer. I doubt he'll be a top 50 player next year.


Papelbon is quoted as saying he is done this year, and will be in the starting rotation next year


So Hanson's the heir apparent?


I have no clue, i think this is a dumb move if the sox let it happen. Its not everyday u get a closer that dominate, and they are very important, just ask the Yankees.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby vladrules » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:29 pm

I knew I should have dumped Mastny when I saw CLE playing CWS and now MIN!!!!!!!!! I was about to drop him but Torres and Stanton were picked up.

I'm thinking Broxton, Heilman and even Tomko(esp. at home) are better. Anyone else tired of him and think that teams have figured him out?
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3189
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:33 pm

A closer is a closer. If you have a better option that will help your team out more, do it. Personally I'd keep him because closers are hard to find this late in the year.
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:42 pm

go_jays_go wrote:A closer is a closer. If you have a better option that will help your team out more, do it. Personally I'd keep him because closers are hard to find this late in the year.


agreed ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact