Which Version of Mr Abreu Will You Be Drafting in 2006? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Which Version of Mr Abreu Will You Be Drafting in 2006?

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 pm

Nice read ...

I agree that Abreu is in decline, but one thing I give zero credence too is Park Factors ..

The Vet didn't change during those five years, There was no new building built that changed the wind patterns .. so the park has nothing to do with it. The fact that the VET had a 10 point swing in just a few short years, should show that Park factors are bunk.

Its the players ...not the park.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:21 pm

wrveres wrote:Nice read ...

I agree that Abreu is in decline, but one thing I give zero credence too is Park Factors ..

The Vet didn't change during those five years, There was no new building built that changed the wind patterns .. so the park has nothing to do with it. The fact that the VET had a 10 point swing in just a few short years, should show that Park factors are bunk.

Can you sell that to major league starting pitchers and bring them to The Ballpark in Arlington (AKA: Ameriquest Field, AKA: The Ranger's home ballpark, AKA: Pitcher's nightmare) please?

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RynMan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:35 am

wrveres wrote:Nice read ...

I agree with you to an extent. I am very weary of park factors, especially when they can change drastically from one year to the next. I have thrown it out there in many cafe threads, asking if someone would care to explain why they should change if the physical environment has not - nobody, not even HOOTIE or GTWMA have responded to that question. So I am with you there....BUT I wouldn't go as far as giving them zero credence as you stated, because obviously they do exist.

The stats don't lie because the sample is soo huge each year, but I am just curious as to how and why they do change.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Article Discussions