Kelly Clarkson v. American Idol - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kelly Clarkson v. American Idol

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theclefe » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:56 pm

Phatferd wrote:
theclefe wrote:I tried out. It is really messed up because I had the best voice there. It was much better than those people they let go to Hollywood.

Are you a 16 year old girl with a fake tan, too much crusty make-up and fake blonde hair?

If so, I totally saw you!!!

My name is...

the Tan?

I'm going to sing....

The tan?
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:00 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:Kelly Clarkson is hot.

What? ..Someone had to say it. O:-) :-D

I think she looks like Ms. Piggy
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:02 pm

Yeah, it's too bad that House, recently discovered by me and one of favorite new shows, is on the back burner so we can watch a bunch of wannabe no-talent assclowns sing yet another version of a crappy Lionel Richie song.

But, I'll admit, I was totally into Rock Star: INXS this past summer.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HiddenIdentity » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:03 pm

She Bang!...She Bang!
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:03 pm

Coppermine wrote:Yeah, it's too bad that House, recently discovered by me and one of favorite new shows, is on the back burner so we can watch a bunch of wannabe no-talent assclowns sing yet another version of a crappy Lionel Richie song.

But, I'll admit, I was totally into Rock Star: INXS this past summer.

God I hate medical shows
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:04 pm

Coppermine wrote:But, I'll admit, I was totally into Rock Star: INXS this past summer.

I actually watched a bit of that show and it wasn't bad. ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kentx12 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:19 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Can't stand that show.

The first few episodes each season where they bag on the weirdo idiots without any talent at all are pretty amusing though.

Agreed. :-D I always watch the auditions. I dont bother turning it back on when they get to Hollywood though.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby da1chipo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:27 pm

My friend's sister got the "Worst of..." DVD, and we watched it. Some of it is incredibly funny. Some of it, however, is incredibly disturbing. How any of these people think they have talent is amazing. These people have no self-awareness. Some of them are just the downright strangest people you'll ever see.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:14 pm

knapplc wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Can't stand that show.

Me too... I dread it starting every year because my girl loves it and it goes on foreeeevver :-/

The first few episodes each season where they bag on the weirdo idiots without any talent at all are pretty amusing though.

I remember watching the first season almost the whole way through. Since then it's lost its appeal. Although me and the missus like to watch the audition episodes because they're pretty damn funny. Some of those people...all I can say is WOW! :-b

But the problem with Idol - as with any "reality" show now - is that people are only too aware that they stand to gain a modicum of fame if they make an ass of themself. That Asian dude who totally couldn't sing but tried out anyway and became "famous" is a prime example. Now people are trying out purposefully to be bad.

It's like a big scam between the "singer" and the audience. Both parties know it's all BS, but the "singer" sings anyway and the audience watches anyway.

People are such sheep. If the majority of Americans had any discriminating taste that show would have been off the air two days after it started.

Of course, the same could be said about 90% of the current programming out there...

Does anybody remember a black guy named Leroy or something from I think last season. He was like some thug gangster guy coming in doing a hardcore rap, he was like stoned off his ass too, it was actually pretty hilarious. They had Gene Simmons as the guest judge and he was trying to be serious on critiqueing him, it was great.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby da1chipo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Can't stand that show.

Me too... I dread it starting every year because my girl loves it and it goes on foreeeevver :-/

I remember watching the first season almost the whole way through. Since then it's lost its appeal. Although me and the missus like to watch the audition episodes because they're pretty damn funny. Some of those people...all I can say is WOW! :-b

But the problem with Idol - as with any "reality" show now - is that people are only too aware that they stand to gain a modicum of fame if they make an ass of themself. That Asian dude who totally couldn't sing but tried out anyway and became "famous" is a prime example. Now people are trying out purposefully to be bad.

It's like a big scam between the "singer" and the audience. Both parties know it's all BS, but the "singer" sings anyway and the audience watches anyway.

People are such sheep. If the majority of Americans had any discriminating taste that show would have been off the air two days after it started.

Of course, the same could be said about 90% of the current programming out there...

Does anybody remember a black guy named Leroy or something from I think last season. He was like some thug gangster guy coming in doing a hardcore rap, he was like stoned off his ass too, it was actually pretty hilarious. They had Gene Simmons as the guest judge and he was trying to be serious on critiqueing him, it was great.

Yeah I saw that on the disk. You couldn't understand a word he was saying.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk