harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

harden

Postby lujandros » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:00 pm

i just read something that said harden wont be ready for the world baseball classic and may not be ready to start the season because of his offseason surgery....does any1 have any other info about this??????....i have him as 1 of my keepers in a league
lujandros
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Scarp » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:07 pm

He had surgery to repair the labrum in his non-throwing shoulder. The hope is that this will prevent the oblique injuries that may have been a result of his overcompensating for the left shoulder. I think he is being cautious, which is good imo.
Scarp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: harden

Postby tedbrooks » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 pm

lujandros wrote:i just read something that said harden wont be ready for the world baseball classic and may not be ready to start the season because of his offseason surgery....does any1 have any other info about this??????....i have him as 1 of my keepers in a league

He just said yesterday that he believes that he will be healthy and ready to pitch when the season begins.
tedbrooks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ferris182 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Any more updates on Harden? Will he be ready for the season?
ferris182
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tedbrooks » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:54 pm

ferris182 wrote:Any more updates on Harden? Will he be ready for the season?

The A's continue to say (in the local papers) that he will be ready to throw come opening day.
tedbrooks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dhark » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:31 am

Even if he misses a few starts, he is still an ace in my book. I would draft Harden in my top 10 pitchers easily. He has huge upside and a bright future for a keeper league. I am glad he is being cautious. ;-D
Dhark
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tedbrooks » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 am

Dhark wrote:Even if he misses a few starts, he is still an ace in my book. I would draft Harden in my top 10 pitchers easily. He has huge upside and a bright future for a keeper league. I am glad he is being cautious. ;-D

From Fantistics this morning:
A's right-hander Rich Harden cleared another hurdle in his recovery from a torn left labrum when he threw to hitters Monday. By all accounts, the session was a success. ``He's throwing very well,'' Manager Ken Macha said. ``We're very pleased with that.''Harden, who underwent surgery on his non-throwing shoulder after the 2005 season, has been working out in Arizona for nearly two months. This was the first time he threw with hitters at the plate. ``I felt really good,'' Harden said. ``I felt strong. I didn't get too tired. The only concern is my endurance.''Harden threw 30 pitches after a 31-pitch warm-up in the bullpen. He said he threw four sliders and increased his velocity to about ``95 percent'' on some pitches. Great News for the Harden Keeper League owners. If he's healthy, Harden could easily finish as a top 5 fantasy pitcher this season. Yes he's that good
tedbrooks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tgalv » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:24 am

he was throwing 94-97 yesterday
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates