Star Trek Shows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Star Trek Shows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:12 pm

Big fan of ToS and NG. It took a long time for Voyager to finally grow on me but it eventually did. It's actually the best written of all the series IMO although you can chalk some of the corny dialogue of ToS to the times. I watched Enterprise but it never really hooked me.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theclefe » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:59 am

bleach168 wrote:Voyager and Enterprise are the two worst Star Trek series. The original series and the next generation are far better. If you don't want to watch something so dated, I'd recommend the current Battlestar Galatica remake. It's surprisingly very good.

I haven't caught Battlestar Galactica yet. I'll look for it though.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby theclefe » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:04 am

Amazinz wrote:Big fan of ToS and NG. It took a long time for Voyager to finally grow on me but it eventually did. It's actually the best written of all the series IMO although you can chalk some of the corny dialogue of ToS to the times. I watched Enterprise but it never really hooked me.

I agree that Voyager's concept is really good. I just can't stand some of the casting. Janeway kills me. What is the deal with Nelix? Why does everyone fall in love on the hollodeck?
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:40 am

theclefe wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Big fan of ToS and NG. It took a long time for Voyager to finally grow on me but it eventually did. It's actually the best written of all the series IMO although you can chalk some of the corny dialogue of ToS to the times. I watched Enterprise but it never really hooked me.

I agree that Voyager's concept is really good. I just can't stand some of the casting. Janeway kills me. What is the deal with Nelix? Why does everyone fall in love on the hollodeck?

i like NG. i heard voyager was good but i also didnt like janeway as captain so i never really watched it. deep space 9 also sucked and i didnt watch that. i really liked the idea of enterprise but the writing wasnt really up to snuff. i think part of the problem is that the writers for enterprise were also the writers for NG and voyager. they needed to get some fresh ideas in there instead falling into the same old patterns.

chewbacca vs. data. now thats a battle i'd like to see.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:04 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:chewbacca vs. data. now thats a battle i'd like to see.

Chewbacca would rip Data to pieces while Data just stares at him, cocking his head like an idiot.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 3 run homer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:32 am

I like the Deep Space Nine
the new battlestar galactica is pretty cool. Next Generation was an awesome series but really nothing beats the genius of Roddenberry from the first Star Trek.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby theclefe » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Coppermine wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:chewbacca vs. data. now thats a battle i'd like to see.

Chewbacca would rip Data to pieces while Data just stares at him, cocking his head like an idiot.

Every "Thing" on star trek tries to be human. Chewbacca doesn't care. He just wants to growl and tear things up.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:27 pm

Any star trek without Spock is no star trek
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pedantic » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:33 pm

Enterprise is the worst show ever. I've seen better acting in infomercials. Thank God it was cancelled. :-°
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Pedantic wrote:Enterprise is the worst show ever. I've seen better acting in infomercials. Thank God it was cancelled. :-°

Ron Popeil should be on the new, upcoming Star Trek series spinoff titled Star Trek: Set It and Forget It! Or SIAFI for short.

"But wait, there's more!"

We'll throw in a second Star Trek, Star Trek: The Dehydrator absolutely free! All you have to do is pay shipping and handling. And if you call today and use your credit card, you'll also get this handy solid flavor injector; sure to make any Klingon taste fresh and aromatic.

Sorry, no COD's
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk