Referees suck in all levels of football! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Referees suck in all levels of football!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:21 pm

I used to be totally against this, but now I'd be ok with seeing instant replay utilized in baseball; the "human element" argument doesn't really hold up now with all the medical and scientific (not to mention "performance enhancing") advancements the game utilizes. It's sad when the bonehead commentators know when the umpires got it wrong.

As for football, there are some great middle-school level refs out there.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tal1286 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:I used to be totally against this, but now I'd be ok with seeing instant replay utilized in baseball; the "human element" argument doesn't really hold up now with all the medical and scientific (not to mention "performance enhancing") advancements the game utilizes. It's sad when the bonehead commentators know when the umpires got it wrong.

As for football, there are some great middle-school level refs out there.

I agree, just not for balls and strikes, that would be a disaster if they could challange every call and let's not start using questec again cause that was a huge mistake.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk