Colts-Steelers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Colts-Steelers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:16 am

bigken117 wrote:in that guys defense...he did get stabbed by his wife yesterday. It was that guy
Your wife stabbed you?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:33 am

Maybe they won't rest their starters next year... ;-7
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:08 am

SOTD...

You say you didn't want Vanderjagt to make the field goal because you didn't want the team who played so terribly to win.

Why then, I ask you, could you possibly want the Broncos to beat the Steelers?

Here's the bulk of the Broncos scoring drives if you missed it:
1. A B.S. pass interference call that set them up at the one-yard line.
2. An interception that was a touchback, but not overturned.
3. A muffed punt.

Their longest drive resulted in 0 points. Their fourth quarter drives were their only legit scoring drives of the game. The Broncos were out-gained 420 to 286. New England had 8 penalties, to Denver's 4. The Broncos didn't win this football game, New England shot themselves in the foot numerous times and the officiating didn't help them out either. And no, Denver did not force 5 turnovers. In fact, they didn't even sack Tom Brady.

The Steelers (as much as I despise them) are going to destroy...completely destroy the Broncos next week.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:42 am

I heard it was a 38 yard kick... but I'm probably wrong.

Carzy game either way.... :-[
[b]Thanks Franchise for the sig!

The [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2014799#2014799]CTU Agents[/url] of the Aces High Cafe Challenge League.[/b]
danleroi22 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:06 am

I'll be having a Roethlisburger with french fries in the middle come next weekend, along with a gross IC Light in a metal bottle and a Terrible Towel to wipe my ass!

Go Steelers!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:24 am

I want the Steelers from here out.

For Bettis' sake.

Davidmarver...thanks for that recap. Huge Pats fan...we lost, the Broncos did not win. They played terribly. We just GAVE them the game. I got so pissed watchin that game.

The only good part was Ben Watson. GOOD LORD.

He runs 120-130 yards in the same time Bailey runs 100?

WOW! What an athlete. That was one of the most incredible chasedowns I have ever seen. Reminiscent of the Bebe-Leon Lett except Bailey prolly runs a 4.4
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:15 pm

Great stuff DM. ;-D I was saying that as a fan because I don't want my teams to get cheap wins or cheap championships -- I hate that -- and if they would have won yesterday that would have been the cheapest most undeserved win I have ever seen. I suppose I'm too objective and not blinded by passion enough when it comes to my teams and I want them to actually go out and win it, not just luck into it ... yeah, I know, I'm a screwball. :-[

I really couldn't care less who wins the game honestly now that the Colts and Pats (I love watching history and I was pulling for them if the Colts couldn't get it) are out. I just want to see a good game and when my team loses I usually pull for the team that beat them to lose which is pretty stupid too since you want that team to go all the way so your team looks a little better I guess. :*)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:28 pm

Maybe if the Colts had a QB who didn't choke every time he's in a big spot they would have had a better chance. I don't care how good Manning is, he's never once come through in the playoffs when they needed him. He was rattled the entire first half of the game. Maybe they should just let Peyton play in the regular season, and then sign Tee Martin for the playoffs. Either that or maybe they need to sign Jon Gruden. I don't know...

It was a great game, and Pittsburgh deserved to win. I was happy that Indy didn't steal it there at the end.

It's looking like a Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl if you ask me.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby tal1286 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:Ugh, I say we cut Vanderjagt :-t

I hate Vanderjagt, he's a punk. Get the earring out of your ear, stop throwing on field temper tantrums thinking your like the TO of the team and get this through your head: Your the damn kicker.

By the way, when the Colts guy(didn't know who it was) picked up the ball after Jerome fumbled it why didn't he cut all the way to the outside, he just barely moved and tried to outmaneuver Big Ben which totally saved the Steelers.

I really don't get this...Kickers score more points than any other position in the course of a season. Out of the top 30 scorers this past season, 27 were kickers (ALexander, LT, and LJ being the exceptions). So, what does that tell you...that kickers are extremely important. You can't win without a good kicker, or at worst a decent one. I'm not trying to say kickers are the most important players on the field because they aren't, you'll never see one win a MVP award and nor should you, unless you get a kicker who nails 70-80 yd FGs on a regular basis BUT, this seeminly institutionalized behavior of hating on kickers is ridiculous. Where would your team be without a good kicker? You'd be losing games by field goals and extra points.

And the reason that he didn't cut all the way to the right is that would have given Roethlisberger, who already had the angle to tackle him, an even better angle because he would have had to run even less distance than before to get to him while the colts DB would have had to run further to get past him. Now, maybe he should have tried to cut right and then cut back but He did about as well as I expected him to do given that Roeth. was there. Besides, how can you complain that he did the wrong thing when Roethlisberger had to make a diving tackle that he actually accomplished by literally grabbing his shoe. That was the definition of a shoestring tackle.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:01 pm

tal1286 wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:Ugh, I say we cut Vanderjagt :-t

I hate Vanderjagt, he's a punk. Get the earring out of your ear, stop throwing on field temper tantrums thinking your like the TO of the team and get this through your head: Your the damn kicker.

By the way, when the Colts guy(didn't know who it was) picked up the ball after Jerome fumbled it why didn't he cut all the way to the outside, he just barely moved and tried to outmaneuver Big Ben which totally saved the Steelers.

I really don't get this...Kickers score more points than any other position in the course of a season. Out of the top 30 scorers this past season, 27 were kickers (ALexander, LT, and LJ being the exceptions). So, what does that tell you...that kickers are extremely important. You can't win without a good kicker, or at worst a decent one. I'm not trying to say kickers are the most important players on the field because they aren't, you'll never see one win a MVP award and nor should you, unless you get a kicker who nails 70-80 yd FGs on a regular basis BUT, this seeminly institutionalized behavior of hating on kickers is ridiculous. Where would your team be without a good kicker? You'd be losing games by field goals and extra points.

good stuff.

And yes, Peyton Manning is the definition of Choke.

He does it all during the regular season...goes up against Pittsburgh...and turns into a rookie in his first game? Why? I just dont understand...he has played for 6 years...he has played in the playoffs before...but he cant win the big game?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk