Colts-Steelers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Colts-Steelers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Colts-Steelers

Postby da1chipo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:37 pm

Did anyone else just witness the end of this game? It was crazy.

For those of you who didn't:

(my description might not be so accurate)

About a minute and a half left, Colts ball on their own 10. 21-18 Steelers. Manning is sacked, Steelers get the ball on the Indy 3 or so. Bettis fumbles on the next play, Colts recover and bring the ball back to midfield. (Rothlisberger makes the tackle)A few plays occur, and around 20 seconds left, and its 4th and 2. Vanderjagt is sent out to make a 46 yarder, which he shanks, and the Steelers win. Crazy.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:38 pm

Game was nuts! I'm in Pittsburgh, so the yelling and screaming could be heard throughout the lst part of the 4th.

Great game!
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:43 pm

If Steelers lost Bettis would've been so pissed off... I think that Pitt deserved to win anway because the Polamalu pick was not dorpped I'm almost 100% on that one... ;-)

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:49 pm

damn, was a nice game. 1-2 in picks so far this week pending on a Panthers win.(picked the Redskins, Broncos and Indy)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:50 pm

The Colts in no way shape or form deserved to win that game. They couldn't pick up a blitz to save their life (or Manning's for that matter) they let Roethlisburger have his way too much and they just looked out of sync from the starting gun. The only time they did anything was when PIT got conservative in the 3rd quarter and called off the blitzes. Overall it was an awful game ... awful officiating, awful offense from the Colts, and awful pass defense from the Colts. The IND run defense was pretty good and the PIT passing game was sensational but that was about it. I give all the credit in the world to the Steelers, they came out and won that game no two ways about it.

Even as a huge Colt fan I was hoping Vanderjadt would miss that FG (or if he makes it they lose in OT) because Indy didn't even deserve to be in a position to win. I just hope the AFC Championship game is a good one to make up for the overall brutal nature of the playoffs so far. :-o Oh and ....

GO BRONCOS!!!!

:-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:52 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:GO BRONCOS!!!!

I Agree! ;-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:58 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:The Colts in no way shape or form deserved to win that game. They couldn't pick up a blitz to save their life (or Manning's for that matter) they let Roethlisburger have his way too much and they just looked out of sync from the starting gun. The only time they did anything was when PIT got conservative in the 3rd quarter and called off the blitzes. Overall it was an awful game ... awful officiating, awful offense from the Colts, and awful pass defense from the Colts. The IND run defense was pretty good and the PIT passing game was sensational but that was about it. I give all the credit in the world to the Steelers, they came out and won that game no two ways about it.

Even as a huge Colt fan I was hoping Vanderjadt would miss that FG (or if he makes it they lose in OT) because Indy didn't even deserve to be in a position to win. I just hope the AFC Championship game is a good one to make up for the overall brutal nature of the playoffs so far. :-o Oh and ....

GO BRONCOS!!!!

I was with you up until this last statement:

Even as a huge Colt fan I was hoping Vanderjadt would miss that FG (or if he makes it they lose in OT) because Indy didn't even deserve to be in a position to win.

No one and I mean no one hopes their own kicker to miss. You would have been ecstatic to see him make the kick and see them win in OT knowing that they'd probably destroy the rest of the competition in route to a super bowl win.

GREAT GAME though!
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:01 pm

man...for not calling the interference on Marlin Jackson and overturning the INT by Polamalu, you think the ref was an Indy fan :*) Then Bettis coughs it up and gives them another chance...what a great game, I was cheering for Pittsburgh because when people compare Manning to Brady now, we always have the rings. Go...whoever. As long as the games are good.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby so0perspam » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:03 pm

VANDY!!! :-/
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:03 pm

perlick29 wrote:I was with you up until this last statement:

Even as a huge Colt fan I was hoping Vanderjadt would miss that FG (or if he makes it they lose in OT) because Indy didn't even deserve to be in a position to win.

No one and I mean no one hopes their own kicker to miss. You would have been ecstatic to see him make the kick and see them win in OT knowing that they'd probably destroy the rest of the competition in route to a super bowl win.

GREAT GAME though!

Yeah, I would have been going crazy ... but in the back of my mind it would have been seriously cheapened due to the way they played and the blown calls. I think they would have handled DEN in the AFC Championship game like they have the last few times in the playoffs, but if they faced CAR or CHI in the SB they would have had to figure out some way to stop a pass rush. :-o I mean that was un-be-lievable the pressure they got on Manning today. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk