Rocky III
9%
Rocky IV
41%
Rocky V
9%

Total votes : 32

Postby 3 run homer » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:24 pm

1337_Dude wrote:It has to be Rocky 3. I mean you have Clubber Lang winning the belt, Mick Dying, and teaming up with Apollo. Of course don't forget THUNDER LIPS!

Exactly ;-D Except for the part after mick died and he's all down on himself it was really slow and boring. But then he snapped out of it and beat the crap out of Mr. T I pitty da fool
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:29 pm

I feel like a lot of people never even saw the first two... I barely remember them myself. On the flip side, Rocky III and IV are on TBS, USA, TNT or some other cable station at least a few times a month.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:00 pm

3 run homer wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:It has to be Rocky 3. I mean you have Clubber Lang winning the belt, Mick Dying, and teaming up with Apollo. Of course don't forget THUNDER LIPS!

Exactly ;-D Except for the part after mick died and he's all down on himself it was really slow and boring. But then he snapped out of it and beat the crap out of Mr. T I pitty da fool

Contrary to popular belief, Mr. T was not beat by Sylvester Stallone in Rocky III. He actually lost to Stallone's stuntman, Chuck Norris. It took 5 hours of work by a dozen makeup artists to make Chuck Norris ugly enough to be a believable Stallone. Even with Chuck Norris, it was still necessary to use 3 metric tons of animal traquilizers to knock Mr. T out long enough for a 10 count.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby 3 run homer » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:17 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
3 run homer wrote:

Contrary to popular belief, Mr. T was not beat by Sylvester Stallone in Rocky III. He actually lost to Stallone's stuntman, Chuck Norris. It took 5 hours of work by a dozen makeup artists to make Chuck Norris ugly enough to be a believable Stallone. Even with Chuck Norris, it was still necessary to use 3 metric tons of animal traquilizers to knock Mr. T out long enough for a 10 count.

I actually heard that it was Vin Diesel disguised as Mr T that's why they needed so many tranqs. And, he needed 2 dozen make up artists
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Everybody I know hates them all after II or III. I've always liked IV, I don't really know why. I'm glad to see most of the Cafe guys like it as well. Rocky II would probably be next on my list.

I love them all though (except V :-P ). It's really hard to rank them.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:44 pm

4 ;-D
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:50 pm

Rocky I is easily the best made film as far as acting and story is concerned, but there's something about the glitz and glam of the 4th installment that really get me going. I can watch Rocky IV over and over again, and it never gets old to me. Rocky I is a bit slow paced, making it a less inviting film for multiple viewings. Damn, and to think I used to find Brigitte Nielsen attractive back in the 80's...yeeccch. :-P
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:26 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Rocky I is easily the best made film as far as acting and story is concerned, but there's something about the glitz and glam of the 4th installment that really get me going. I can watch Rocky IV over and over again, and it never gets old to me. Rocky I is a bit slow paced, making it a less inviting film for multiple viewings. Damn, and to think I used to find Brigitte Nielsen attractive back in the 80's...yeeccch. :-P

Yeah, she was married to Sylvester Stallone. I actually had a crush on her when she did "Red Sonja" with Arnold. Now she's dating Flavor Flave. ;-D (or at least she was... who cares)

Favorite Rocky movie? I don't think the best and synonymous are the same. Rocky I was easily the best movie, but the most enjoyable to watch multiple times had to be II, III or IV. Growing up I always liked III. I remember feeling like... "not fair, man... Rocky wasn't thinking about the fight... he was thinking about Mick... not fair man... Gosh, I hope Rocky kills Clubber Lang in the rematch" :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:13 am

I think I'll stick with the original here.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:13 am

My favourite would be the original, followed closely by #3.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk