Help me with my resume, please! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Help me with my resume, please!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Here's my final product.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EIM8Z9F
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me with my resume, please!

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:39 pm

Phatferd wrote:• Creative thinker, who uses a wide variety of strategies to improve current ideas and processes for a more proficient operation.

I'd take that away. If I was an employer I'd think Creative thinker means hippy pot head.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:57 pm

Phatferd wrote:Sweet thanks. My only problem now is fitting it on 1 page with that information.

3 things that help:
10pt times new roman (12-14 for your name)
small margins (.5 inches or less)
6pt font for blank lines

it sounds crammed, but do it right and it will still look very good
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:51 pm

I just got a call and an interview tomorrow for a job that updates classifieds on a website.

He wants to interview tomorrow at 11 and I told him I could. After I hung up the phone I realized I had some questions for him.

Before I go down there and waste his time or mine, I should have asked if my school schedule would fit in to their plans. The job posting said students are welcome as well as interns for college credit. However, I cannot work 2 full days since I go to school for 12 hours on Monday and Wed.

Should I just go down there anyways and mention it in person, or should I call him back and say I have some questions I forgot to ask.

I am so new at this I feel like a kid asking a girl to the dance.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Phatferd wrote:I just got a call and an interview tomorrow for a job that updates classifieds on a website.

He wants to interview tomorrow at 11 and I told him I could. After I hung up the phone I realized I had some questions for him.

Before I go down there and waste his time or mine, I should have asked if my school schedule would fit in to their plans. The job posting said students are welcome as well as interns for college credit. However, I cannot work 2 full days since I go to school for 12 hours on Monday and Wed.

Should I just go down there anyways and mention it in person, or should I call him back and say I have some questions I forgot to ask.

Call him cause you don't wanna waste your time. However, you might wanna just go and get experience. Being good at interviews gets you jobs no matter what. So Practice makes perfect
Last edited by acsguitar on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Phatferd wrote:I just got a call and an interview tomorrow for a job that updates classifieds on a website.

If they are expecting students then they will not be surprised. you may not get the job if your sked deosn't fit as well as another applicant's, but not mentioning it on the call of little to no import. save the questions for the interview unless you really need to ask them beforehand. it's never good to run out of questions in a lower-level interview of 30 minutes or so.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:05 pm

I know that I should have my resume with me when I show up, but what I don't know is should I have a cover page or is that only when I first submit a resume to a company?

I doubt this job is something that I will get, even if I were hired I may not take it because its more hours a week than I want to work.

I just want to go on the interview to gain the experience and who knows maybe they may like me and find another position that I may fit into or know of another place hiring.

You never know.

Here is the job http://phoenix.backpage.com/employment/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=oid%3A299519&name=miscellaneous%20jobs

I don't know if this one is the same or just similar http://phoenix.backpage.com/employment/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=oid%3A298350&name=computer%2Ftechnical%20jobs
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:13 pm

Sounds like a fun college job. i rode a pedicab in college it was the best job ever ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:15 pm

we're looking for someone who knows his or her way around a computer (basic windows applications), is comfortable navigating on the web, is cool with some data entry, thinks outside the box, comfortable reviewing adult content (sometimes), likes a super laid back business environment, bathes and is an overall good dude or gal.

Any job that mentions bathing and uses the word "dude" and "gal" is my kind of job!
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:50 pm

Phatferd wrote:
we're looking for someone who knows his or her way around a computer (basic windows applications), is comfortable navigating on the web, is cool with some data entry, thinks outside the box, comfortable reviewing adult content (sometimes), likes a super laid back business environment, bathes and is an overall good dude or gal.

Any job that mentions bathing and uses the word "dude" and "gal" is my kind of job!

heck yes....

The bathing thing is good because no one wants a dirty hippy
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk