Lance Armstrong
33%
Michael Jordan
28%
Bo Jackson
38%

Total votes : 39

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:35 am

go_jays_go wrote:I'm thinkin' Sidney Ponson.

He's got serious skills ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:38 am

Neither! Joe Montana in my opinion was the best athlete.

He could have played in the NBA he was that good at basketball and they say that he could have been drafted for baseball if he wouldnt have quit his senior year to concentrate on Football.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:43 am

Let me add this about Montana.

Joe played baseball (pitched three perfect games in the Little League) and basketball (he was offered a scholarship to North Carolina State), but after becoming a Parade All-American quarterback as a high school senior, he followed his idol, Hanratty, to Notre Dame
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:01 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:Ummm you're way off about his arm. Vick has a cannon, his problem is that he's just makes a lot of bad decisions and isn't super accurate.

That's exactly what I meant... and that's not particularly unusual either. Of course he has a great arm, but when we talk about the "arm" of a QB, I'm talking speed and accuracy; and they're saying his moron little brother is even more accurate than he is. He'll never be considered a quarterback among the greats because of it, and the hype surrounding him and his arm and his running ability all cause him to be overrated.

I mean, I don't care if you can chuck a football 500 miles, if you can't hit your receiver, it's not going to do you, or your team, a lot of good. Hence the reason he ends up running the ball as much as he does; not only because he can, but also because he has to.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:10 pm

Lance Armstrong? What else can he do other than ride a bicycle? :-?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:01 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:Lance Armstrong? What else can he do other than ride a bicycle? :-?

Hmm, lets see...

Be a jerk
Peddle fads to frat boys
Divorce his wife who sat with him through his cancer in favor of an overrated and quickly-fading rock star
Take steroids
Be born with heart and lungs 30% larger than normal people's due to a genetic defect and then get praised as the "world's greatest athelete" for some reason because of it.
Did I mention he's a cocky jerk? And not in a cool, Muhammad Ali kind of way; Armstrong PRETENDS he's Mr. Nice-Guy-Know-It-All when every trainer and cyclist he's ever worked with can contest to the fact that his megalomania and out-of-control ego make him nearly impossible to work with.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:19 am

Coppermine wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Lance Armstrong? What else can he do other than ride a bicycle? :-?

Hmm, lets see...

Be a jerk
Peddle fads to frat boys
Divorce his wife who sat with him through his cancer in favor of an overrated and quickly-fading rock star
Take steroids
Be born with heart and lungs 30% larger than normal people's due to a genetic defect and then get praised as the "world's greatest athelete" for some reason because of it.
Did I mention he's a cocky jerk? And not in a cool, Muhammad Ali kind of way; Armstrong PRETENDS he's Mr. Nice-Guy-Know-It-All when every trainer and cyclist he's ever worked with can contest to the fact that his megalomania and out-of-control ego make him nearly impossible to work with.

Coppermine. ......would you mind tell us how you really feel please?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:13 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Hmm, lets see...

Be a jerk
Peddle fads to frat boys
Take steroids

Coppermine. ......would you mind tell us how you really feel please?

Haha, I don't mean to shock or awe, but it's just my humble opinion really :-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:

Hmm, lets see...

Be a jerk
Peddle fads to frat boys
Take steroids

I completey agree with this - OMG HE HAD CANCER AND SURVIVED HE MUST BE SUCH A GREAT GUY :-P it's all bs
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:01 pm

I don't care if he's a good guy..He's the only one in the world who can do what he can do...not many people can say that
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk