MVP NCAA Baseball 2006 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP NCAA Baseball 2006

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Not interested, I feel like one of the good parts about sports video games is knowing the players, and in NCAA they won't even have names and I won't know who anybody is since I don't watch college baseball. I'll just keep getting the updates for 2005..

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:01 pm

LooseCannon wrote:Not interested, I feel like one of the good parts about sports video games is knowing the players, and in NCAA they won't even have names and I won't know who anybody is since I don't watch college baseball. I'll just keep getting the updates for 2005..

There are 3rd party programs that put players names in.

I think this is a great way to get used to names you never would know otherwise. You will play and see that certain players have really good ratings and you'll pay a little more attention to them in the news when you read a box score.

I'm really looking forward to going to ASU baseball games this spring here.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:05 pm

Phatferd wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:Not interested, I feel like one of the good parts about sports video games is knowing the players, and in NCAA they won't even have names and I won't know who anybody is since I don't watch college baseball. I'll just keep getting the updates for 2005..

There are 3rd party programs that put players names in.

I think this is a great way to get used to names you never would know otherwise. You will play and see that certain players have really good ratings and you'll pay a little more attention to them in the news when you read a box score.

I'm really looking forward to going to ASU baseball games this spring here.

Yea you are in like College baseball world though. For me without a good college team within 1,000 miles its hard to get into
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:08 pm

I agree that one of the funnest parts of sports games are knowing the players your controlling. This game does look pretty cool though considering I know a decent deal about college baseball teams and some players, I wish they had real player names, stupid copyright laws.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:11 pm

Red Stripe wrote:I agree that one of the funnest parts of sports games are knowing the players your controlling. This game does look pretty cool though considering I know a decent deal about college baseball teams and some players, I wish they had real player names, stupid copyright laws.

Their names have nothing to do with copyright laws. They are not professional athletes so they can't endorse any product without losing their amateur status.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:32 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:I agree that one of the funnest parts of sports games are knowing the players your controlling. This game does look pretty cool though considering I know a decent deal about college baseball teams and some players, I wish they had real player names, stupid copyright laws.

Their names have nothing to do with copyright laws. They are not professional athletes so they can't endorse any product without losing their amateur status.
Exacltly. I remember the old NCAA Football with Rick Williams for Texas. They didn't say his name at all but if you typed it in then they would say it which was cool
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby JTWood » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:30 am

So... Anyone played this? If it's like NCAA Football, I might give it a gander. At $30, that's not too much if it comes recommended.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm still waiting for some magical announcement that its coming out for pc
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:05 am

I know someone that got it and they said it was good. I'll probably rent it since I don't think it's backward compatible (yet) for 360.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:11 am

I picked this game up tonight...haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Should get some good playing time in tomorrow though.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk