Yahoo vs. CBS vs. ESPN vs...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo vs. CBS vs. ESPN vs...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo vs. CBS vs. ESPN vs...?

Postby benjapage » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:34 pm

curious to know how people rate the different league services. i've been using cbs--and actually had a great experience last year, but this year has been awful. bad updates, misinformation, inaccurate stats, and just basic unaccountability. i have had to double check all my stats at the end of every week--and even so, am still waiting on some corrections to be made from a couple weeks ago.

espn was not good either--but i last used that 3 years ago, so times may have changed. never used yahoo, don't know what else is out there....

what are the peeps' feelings on the matter?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:48 pm

I've used Yahoo, Sandbox, and CBS. Sandbox was probably the funnest though not the most configurable. Oh well they had the best scoring system anyways with their combination of head-to-head and points only, which for Yahoo users is only configurable that way (H2H+points only) in football. Yahoo overall is pretty good. It's free, it's quite reliable, it's good good features though they're starting to cut back. CBS is a waste of time. You have to pay for it and it's not even as good as Yahoo.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wind Dancer » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:05 pm

;-D Overall...I like Yahoo(instant stats and organization) and Fantistics(compare and contrast and tracking different players) and Baseball Cafe (for the best leads , advice, and help!) ;-D
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...
Anytime you have a 50-50 pick between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong!
Wind Dancer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby benjapage » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:16 pm

that is a great idea.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

yahoo

Postby oaklandfan » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:52 pm

I am a big fan of the yahoo service because its easier, has more stats and updates, and its alot more realistic than some of the other services.
oaklandfan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby thehat » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:59 pm

Yahoo is a little slow on the player pool additions, but otherwise they're fine. ESPN is awful and you have to pay for it. Ripoff city.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Siege1386 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:01 am

Yahoo is the best free service you will ever get. I can't complain. except they are a little slow and could add head to head points leagues. haha.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:34 am

eftda wrote:we should make a fantasy league on this site

I think you just gave our webmaster a heart attack... ;-)

Seriously, though, I'm afraid that, at the moment at least, we don't have the resources to offer fantasy leagues of our own. You never know what the future will bring, however... :-)

And thanks for the kudos!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Super GM » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:40 am

I like Yahoo! I've used Sandbox before too, but for some reason I allways finished last place, because I never got around to checking on that team. And they kept taking off points, if players ground into double plays or if a pitcher threw a wild pitch or walked a batter. It was just stupid! I'm having a fun season on Yahoo. ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers