2nd place (Need advice/tips for Biggest Loser competition) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

2nd place (Need advice/tips for Biggest Loser competition)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Need advice/tips for Biggest Loser competition

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:17 am

Sticky Spice wrote:My employer is doing a Biggest Loser competition and the gal running it says we're doing it like the tv show - it's what % of body weight you lose. Winner gets cash.

Sounds like your employer is looking to save some money on his health insurance costs for the office.

Sounds like everyone has given pretty good advice as to how to win this thing though. Good luck. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:22 am

Madison wrote:Sounds like everyone has given pretty good advice as to how to win this thing though.

Yeah, nobody's even mentioned amputation as a fast weight-loss option yet... :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:13 pm

Arlo wrote:
Madison wrote:Sounds like everyone has given pretty good advice as to how to win this thing though.

Yeah, nobody's even mentioned amputation as a fast weight-loss option yet... :-D

8-o

Well, I guess that would depend on just exactly how much the winner gets, and how bad they want/need to win. :-o

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:18 am

update

There are 63 participants and at the first weigh-in I'm in 4th place. I lost 17.5 lbs, part of which is due to your helpful hints like drinking a s**tload of water before first weigh-in.

The winner at the first weigh-in got an IPod. He lost 22 lbs. I heard he did something called the cabbage diet. I think that gives me a longer-term advantage as our final weigh-in is March 17th and I'm doing it the old-fashioned way with diet and exercise.

Gone cold turkey on sugar drinks. I've enjoyed Kool-Aid made with Splenda, Diet A&W Root Beer, Diet Cheerwine, and did not like Diet Coke or Diet Coke with Splenda. Nasty aftertastes. I have Diet 7up w/ Splenda and Diet Dr Pepper in the fridge to try next.

I'm loving the Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones frozen meals. They are a great deal when they're on sale and they taste as good if not better than any other frozen meal. I recommend the salmon w/ basil.

Big support from my wife who's been successfully making all kinds of new dishes that fit my diet. ;-D
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 38)

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:45 am

You better come away with something in this thing, otherwise all that hard work for nothing (except for the fact that you are lighter)

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:35 pm

LooseCannon wrote:You better come away with something in this thing, otherwise all that hard work for nothing (except for the fact that you are lighter)

That's more rewarding than an iPod or some cash depending on how much you lose IMO.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby suppasonic » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:39 pm

I would somewhat avoid the frozen meals. They are chock full of salt and preservitives (even though they are low on calories/fat). Stick to fresh fruits and vegetables whenever possible (avoid things like potatoes of course). But occasional healthy choice/other like things are alright.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:34 pm

How many miles are you running a week?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 pm

I don't know in miles. I work about 4 nights a week and after I work I use the treadmill in the gym for about 45 mins. I do not run but I do a strenuous walk with incline. When I'm not working I come up with a walk in my neighborhood approximately the same time amount that I do at work.

We do also have elliptical machines at work - one of which can track your heart rate.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:53 am

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Oh yeah, I'm the 2nd place dude whose head they stretched out, or maybe I'm just related to Sam Cassell :-B

http://epaper.gastongazette.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VEdHLzIwMDYvMDMvMjgjQXIwMjcwMA==&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk