2nd place (Need advice/tips for Biggest Loser competition) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

2nd place (Need advice/tips for Biggest Loser competition)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd place (Need advice/tips for Biggest Loser competition)

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:06 am

My employer is doing a Biggest Loser competition and the gal running it says we're doing it like the tv show - it's what % of body weight you lose. Winner gets cash.

A few specific questions - I don't have to weigh in until Jan 13 and the competition is over March 17. Should I weigh in ASAP and get an early start or put on some quick pounds before weigh in?

When I work out should I just do strictly cardio?

Any food, drink, meal tips would be appreciated as would any strategy ideas.

Thanks!
Last edited by Sticky Spice on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:10 am

I have an idea... watch taped episodes of The Biggest Loser.

It's so bad, it literally makes you vomit.

Repeat until you vomit out all your fat.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:01 am

Wow, you actually watched the show? I don't think I need the money that bad to try your strategy.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:05 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Wow, you actually watched the show? I don't think I need the money that bad to try your strategy.

Haha, busted! I would have it on Tuesday nights while I would do something else waiting for My Name is Earl and The Office to come on. I'm so glad they moved to Thursdays though, maybe they'll get the recognition they deserve.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tuff_gong » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:25 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:Wow, you actually watched the show? I don't think I need the money that bad to try your strategy.

Haha, busted! I would have it on Tuesday nights while I would do something else waiting for My Name is Earl and The Office to come on. I'm so glad they moved to Thursdays though, maybe they'll get the recognition they deserve.

sorry to semi-hijack, but I am VERY happy The Office and Earl are on Thursdays now. Two great shows. ;-D

carry on. :-b

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:31 pm

tuff_gong wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

sorry to semi-hijack, but I am VERY happy The Office and Earl are on Thursdays now. Two great shows. ;-D

carry on. :-b

The Office is awesome. My Name is Earl has its moments - I like it overall but I have a feeling that it will get old very quickly. We'll see, I hope they prove me wrong.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:48 pm

slomo007 wrote:
The Office is awesome. My Name is Earl has its moments - I like it overall but I have a feeling that it will get old very quickly. We'll see, I hope they prove me wrong.

That's exactly what I thought, but for me, the opposite has occurred. I had high hopes for the Office but was skeptical about Earl. It turns out the opposite is happening... I think Earl has only gotten funnier and is perhpas the best comedy currently on TV (this side of Curb Your Enthusiasm). The Office, on the other hand, has gotten a little old in itself. It's starting to stray way to much from the original BBC version that was so clever and has taken on its own persona. I still love The Office and I hope it continues to chug along and improve along the way. But Earl isn't going anyway, it's only getting better and better.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

That's exactly what I thought, but for me, the opposite has occurred. I had high hopes for the Office but was skeptical about Earl. It turns out the opposite is happening... I think Earl has only gotten funnier and is perhpas the best comedy currently on TV (this side of Curb Your Enthusiasm). The Office, on the other hand, has gotten a little old in itself. It's starting to stray way to much from the original BBC version that was so clever and has taken on its own persona. I still love The Office and I hope it continues to chug along and improve along the way. But Earl isn't going anyway, it's only getting better and better.

Strange how we can view things almost completely opposite. Oh well, overall they are still two of the best shows on TV. In fact, The Office is by far my favorite comedy and is my 2nd favorite overall show behind only Lost.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Well, until weigh-in I would eat nothing but crap. When they weigh you in, make dang sure you haven't gone number one for hours and hours and you haven't gone number two in days so you'll weigh even more.

After the weigh in, do a ton of cardio, but do some lifting as well- do leg exercises, chest presses, maybe some back exercises... work the biggest muscle groups because that burns the most calories. And eat 1,200-1,500 calories a day tops.

Two days before the final weigh in, eat and drink NOTHING. In fact, take some sort of a colonic drink to clean you out back there before your final weigh. I think you've got a shot. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:54 pm

Carry a lot of change in your pocket for the initial weigh-in and then make sure you don't have anything in your pocket for the final weigh-in ;-D
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk