Vlad Guerrero Support Group - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad Guerrero Support Group

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vlad Guerrero Support Group

Postby G-Man » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:53 pm

news coming from the Expos GM says that the doctors are reporting that vlad's treatment is going well and he is going to start working on baseball-related exercises. Rotoworld mentioned that Vlad could be looking at a return right after the All-Star break. As a vlad owner i am primarily excited about this because the earlier he comes back, the more time it allows for him to be eased back into the lineup and begin putting up vlad-esque numbers (minus the steals).

remember above all else, this is his contract year and he is gonna come out ready to prove that his back is ok and he still has all of the talent that warrants a big-time free agency paycheck.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siege1386 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:07 am

paycheck with who???
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:47 am

Despite losing for the eighth time in 10 games, the Expos got some good news Sunday when they learned that injured RF Vladimir Guerrero may be able to return to the lineup sooner than originally expected. GM Omar Minaya told reporters that Guerrero's extensive therapy on his injured back is yielding "encouraging results". Placed on the 15-day disabled list on June 5 for the first time since 1997, Guerrero has been receiving treatment in Florida for a herniated disc under the care of Dr. Barth Greene of the University of Miami. "He's continuing to improve - that's what the doctor says," Minaya said. "So instead of a couple of months, they estimate a couple of weeks, and now they're going to do more baseball exercise." sportsline

:-t My read?
This is what they are supposed to say if they are going to get him back under the wire. I mean they have to trade him right? They are going to rush him back, toss him out there on that horrible carpet and get something quick. Worst case ... Bud Selig can just trade Vlad to himself. Mon. to Mil. oh I don't know? Sexson? Montreal needs a 1B. At least they will get something. I hope Vlad is smart enough not to rush back. This is something I'd hate to see linger till next season.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby eftda » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:41 pm

rotoworld.com wrote:Vladimir Guerrero-OF-MON

According to Barth Greene, who is treating Vladimir Guerrero's disc problem, the Expos' right fielder could be out only two more weeks.

YEA!!!
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:41 pm

you would have to imagine that the doctor treating vlad wouldn't let him begin doing any kinds of baseball drills, nonetheless let him return to playing, if he wasn't responding extremely well to treatment....even though the expos certainly would appear to be pressuring a quick return, the doctor has to cover his own butt as well. in any case, if u aren't in a keeper league, hope he is healthy this season and let someone else worry about him next year! (i guess that sounds kinda bad doesn't it)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby G-Man » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:41 pm

even more potentially good news, from ESPN Insider....

Guerrero has begun doing 'light' baseball exercises, and there's a chance he could be back on the field in a week to 10 days, the Montreal Gazette reports.

The source was a Montreal newspaper so they are probably being a bit too optimistic, but still....as long as you aren't relying on him for stolen bases I am feelin pretty confident about his ability to be a solid fantasy contributor in the 2nd half of the season. I would think that the best idea is to keep him out and rested until after the break but I won't complain if I can put him back in my lineup earlier than that...... ;-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers