Kent, Rolen and Kendall - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kent, Rolen and Kendall

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kent, Rolen and Kendall

Postby Trans » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:46 pm

UGGH! I'm being killed by these guys. Kent is day to day, same with Rolen... and Kendall is appealing a three game suspension.

I'm in a real competative league.... with no backups. If I dump any of my players to get a sub for a few days, I'll be screwed.

What do others do, just ride it out? I heard Rolen might be back tuesday... not sure about Kent.

What is everyone else doing?
Trans

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Althalius » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:05 pm

i have Kendall and i'd advise just dealing without him. Catchers typically miss a day or two anyway so Kendall can use some rest. He's not a big producer on my team anyway so I don't need to replace him.
Althalius
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:48 pm

Every league I have ever been in has had at least a couple on bench slots on your roster that you can add or drop from so you can put your injured starters on the bench while you pick up a temporary waiver replacement. If you have no bench slots, you basically have no choice but to wait it out because Kent and Rolen cannot be dropped unless you're in a 4 team league. You just have to hope that it evens out and other owners in your league lose players to minor injuries like this later in the year too.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:34 am

I played a league at Sportsline 2 years ago that didn't have bench spots. My 1st pick (Mark MacGuire) hit somewhere around .179 with 21 home runs. Killed me for the whole season. Finished 3rd out of 10. I certainly understand what you are going through, but I couldn't bring myself to drop Big Mac, and you shouldn't drop any of your studs either.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers