Gardenhire - worst manager ever? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gardenhire - worst manager ever?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gardenhire - worst manager ever?

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:08 pm

Johan Santana should demand a trade if this idiot stays on as manager. Not only is he too stupid to realize that Santana is the best pitcher in his staff and that he is hurting his team by burying him in the bullpen. Now for the second time in three games, he has limited Santana's usefulness by bringing him into a game in the middle innings and putting him into the nine slot, when that slot is due to bat the VERY next inning!!!

EVER HEAR OF A DOUBLE SWITCH, MORON??????

I know he manages in the American League, where they play fake baseball anyway, but this lack of strategy is purely retarded!!!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:20 pm

He got them to the playoffs last year, and he will get them there this year. All with a squad that has maybe 2 or 3 guys on it that would actually interest a big market team.

I don't understand his use of Santana, or the Twins acquiring of Rogers, but if he was a 'bad' manager, that weak pitching scrappy hitting team would go nowhere.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:35 pm

I don't agree with that. I don't see any savvy moves that Gardenhire makes to show that he is the reason for the Twins' success.

I think the team just has a lot of heart, and heart can go a long way.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:51 am

Leiter Fan wrote:I think the team just has a lot of heart, and heart can go a long way.

I agree. The Twins proved that last year when everyone was talking about contracting them. Good job guys! Keep it up! No, I'm not really a Twins fan, but I like to root for the underdogs.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Siege1386 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:01 am

He has to know what he is doing to lead a team with a talent level like theres. It doesn't matter how much heart you have, you need some managering.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:58 am

[quote="Siege1386"]It doesn't matter how much heart you have, you need some managering.[/quote}

uh...managering???

:-B

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby benjapage » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:40 am

i am no gardenhire fan. however, bob boone really took it over the top this weekend in arizona. he's always been terrible, but his weekend was the coup de grace.

terrible pinch hitting match-ups, a propensity towards (or rather, an obsession with) roasting his pitchers (starters and relievers), and bass-ackwards line-ups...HOW DO YOU GIVE UP A 4 RUN LEAD WHEN YOUR BULLPEN IS WELL-RESTED?

bob boone makes me more angry than does cliff politte. but that's a different story altogether.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers