1 or 2 owners wanted for NL-only roto auction keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

1 or 2 owners wanted for NL-only roto auction keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1 or 2 owners wanted for NL-only roto auction keeper league

Postby ZoinksScoob » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:45 pm

I am the commissioner of a national NL-only Rotisserie auction keeper league. We had 11 owners last season, and 3 decided to pursue other interests. We have already found 2 new owners, but would like to get at least 1 and hopefully 2 more owners for the 2006 season.

If we only get one more owner, the 3 new owners will participate in a dispersal draft, comprised of the players and minor league draft picks from the 3 abandoned teams.

If we get two more owners, the 4 new owners will participate in the dispersal draft, followed by an expansion draft, where the new owners will be able to select players from the 8 holdover teams.

This is a keeper league, so there are some players who will need to be signed to option or long-term contracts.

Here are more of the particulars:

* Standard 5x5, 23/$260 set-up
* $78 league fee per team
* $45 stats fee per team (AllStarStats... expensive, but the BEST in the biz by far; non-negotiable)
* Most transactions $3, some $7.50
* "Old school" reserve/waiver rules
* NO ultra or taxi squads or FAAB
* $400 in-season active roster salary cap; no asterisk rule
* Minor league draft
* September roster expansion (1 player)
* Other customized rules

If interested, please e-mail me directly at mailto:marinersinsider@yahoo.com. I can provide the league constitution for 2006, as well as the dispersal draft pool list.

Best,
Jared Poppel
ZoinksScoob
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwishy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:17 pm

Email sent.
jwishy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby j'diggity » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:42 pm

Jared,

Where do you host your league?

I'm trying to find a good site for my auction keeper league that supports player salaries and contracts but from what I saw last year, Yahoo, CBSSportsline, SportingNews all don't offer that.

Thanks!
j'diggity
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Hbj79 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:58 pm

TQstats will support player salaries.
An unemployed jester is nobody's fool.

[b]25[/b]
Hbj79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby j'diggity » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:27 pm

Thanks Hbj79. I neglected to mention that we used TQ last season.

They weren't "bad", just not great. Their trade offer notification left a LOT to be desired. The FAAB bidding system was clunky and overall the site wasn't very user friendly.

Just hoping to upgrade to a better site for '06.

Anyone know of any others?

Thanks again!
j'diggity
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

League filled

Postby ZoinksScoob » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 am

I want to thank everyone who responded to my posting. We have filled our league for 2006, but will keep everyone's contact info in case we have openings in the future.

I did get some questions as to why we're so adamant about sticking with AllStarStats. Well, quite frankly, because no one else offers everything they do in an easy-to-manage format, period.

We did the research on all the major do-it-yourself stats service (we didn't count CBS Sportsline or ESPN because you had to participate in one of their leagues in order to get access to their services.) We compared them all side by side as far as features. The ONLY advantage of the other sites to AllStarStats was the price... but you weren't getting the same features, and they're the most important part of the equation.

AllStarStats offers ALL of the following: real-time scoring and news updates from all sports wires, contract status (many of the other sites do NOT have contract status, which, for keeper leagues, is VERY important), linking of reserved players to replacement players, customized weekly cycles, customized setups for commissioners/league managers, FAAB and trade management systems, trade notification system, waivers, free agent pickup evaluation system, ability to play ANY format of fantasy baseball (rotisserie, fantasy, daily transactions, weekly transactions, etc.), customizable team pages with photos, projected pitching matchups, links to MLB teams' online hometown newspapers, works on ALL platforms (Windows and Macintosh), individual league chat room and message boards, and, most importantly, an easy-to-use site as far as format, design and accessibility.

Is it expensive compared to other stats sites? You bet... $45 per team is a lot. But you get more bang for your buck at AllStarStats than anywhere else. Also, how "expensive"
the stats service is is relative to your league and transaction fees. If you're playing in a low-fee league, then AllStarStats probably doesn't make sense for you. If you're in a $1000 buy-in league, then the incremental cost of the stats service is small compared to your original investment.

AllStarStats is part of Rotoworld.com... I don't work for either of them, and I'm not a paid shill. I'm just a VERY satisfied customer of almost 15 years! I've played in 2 different leagues that have used AllStarStats, and everyone was completely satisfied with the service.

OK, I'm stepping off the soap box now...
ZoinksScoob
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds