Hillenbrand Situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Hillenbrand Situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hillenbrand Situation

Postby mrider » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:47 pm

New York Times quoted Riciardi in a press conference saying that they would move Hinske to LF and trade Koskie which would make me happy.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hillenbrand Situation

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:00 pm

mrider wrote:New York Times quoted Riciardi in a press conference saying that they would move Hinske to LF and trade Koskie which would make me happy.

I don't think he ever said he was going to trade Koskie, but he didn't mention Koskie at all as part of the lineup during the conference, and because of that you have to figure he's the one on the outside looking in.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Re: Hillenbrand Situation

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:03 pm

mweir145 wrote:
mrider wrote:New York Times quoted Riciardi in a press conference saying that they would move Hinske to LF and trade Koskie which would make me happy.

I don't think he ever said he was going to trade Koskie, but he didn't mention Koskie at all as part of the lineup during the conference, and because of that you have to figure he's the one on the outside looking in.

It seems the Twins aren't interested in Koskie's services.

The Twins aren't showing any interest in acquiring Corey Koskie or another one of Toronto's excess third basemen to start over Tony Batista.
Their loss. If the Blue Jays are willing to pay a substantial amount of the $11 million Koskie is owed over the next two years, he'd be a great fit back in Minnesota. Batista's contract isn't guaranteed and the team would only have to pay him $200,000 to release him.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:30 am

If nobody wants to take him, then why not just keep him? He could platoon with Hillenbrand at DH, and play 3B twice a week.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:21 pm

koskie is prolly the toughest one to move...even tougher than hinske. i'd be happy if the jays give koskie another chance, i mean, the jays prolly wouldn't get anything in return for him...it would have to be a salary dump only, which is actually not a bad idea if koskie performs the way he did last year. i don't think you can expect him to have 500ABs in a season anymore, but the guy plays great D and if he can find his groove back, he could be very useful for the jays. it's a long season and people are going to get injured. perhaps he was trying to hard last year being the only canadian in the only team in canada, hopefully he'll have a good season for the jays.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays