A little tip.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A little tip....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A little tip....

Postby J35J » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:35 pm

Just wanted to share something that I do every year to prepare me for my drafts and I'm actually surprised more people don't do it.

Say you wanna do a mock draft but you can't get in one or its late in the offseason and many people are doing real drafts and you can't get into any mocks or whatever the case may be. Anyway, just go find a mock that has already been done by cafe vets, other web sites or my favorite, "expert" drafts. So you find a mock draft you like, then just say I've got the 7th pick. Scroll down the first rd until you get to the 6th pick and then it is your turn. Make your pick and scroll down further, marking guys that are taken as you go. Then scroll down rd 2 until just before your turn and make your pick. Anyway, you get the idea, you are virtually doing a mock draft that you can complete in like 30 minutes. Also you can see what kind of team you could get if you were in the mock with the "so called experts", ESPN mocks, etc.

Anyway, try it out. You can do 3 or 4 mock drafts in a single night if you want. There are more and more mock drafts to find out on the net so you should have an endless supply of mocks to do. A buddy and I will sit down together and we will pick each others spot in the order and we will knock out mock drafts all offseason long without the brutal delays that actual mocks have. It works just as good as actually being in the original mock.

Jason ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannahann » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 pm

I just learned something new...and valuable too! Thanks Jason ;-D
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby J35J » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:40 pm

No problem dann.

I actually perfer this way of doing mocks over the time consuming original way!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:40 pm

I like it... Just don't cheat, only look at the picks made ahead of you... otherwise you're defeating the purpose.

I'll be sure to use it!
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby J35J » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:44 pm

Haha, Obviously it would be worthless if you looked at the picks ahead of you! ;-7
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rich101682 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:09 pm

What if you pick someone early? Like let's say I take David Wright at the beginning of the 2nd round and then an Expert has him picked at the end of the 3rd? Who do you give to that team?
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:11 pm

rich101682 wrote:What if you pick someone early? Like let's say I take David Wright at the beginning of the 2nd round and then an Expert has him picked at the end of the 3rd? Who do you give to that team?

Yeah that's my main question as well. Otherwise I like this idea alot.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby J35J » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:15 pm

You don't give him anyone, you just keep going. It all works out fine trust me! Once you try it you will see. B-)

I guess I see what your saying though, you want to compare your team to the other teams when its done? Well I never really do that :-? , my main concern is what MY team looks like at the end. It really works well unless of course your wanting to compare your team to the others. :-? ;-D

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:24 pm

Anyway, let me know when/if someone tries it and what you thought of it?

Like I said they don't take long to do.....

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:38 pm

See this is what I love about the cafe. You got people sharing ideas that have helped them and so on. This is a really neat thing that just never occured to me.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers