? about CBSsportsline Fantasy League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

? about CBSsportsline Fantasy League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

? about CBSsportsline Fantasy League

Postby asmizzou21 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:48 am

Alright I'm in a dynasty league where we have a pretty deep minor league system. We have player salaries and clauses, an auction draft with all of the players released during the offseason, team salary caps and different divisions. I'm wondering would sportsline be a great choice for us or would another site be better? Right now we are using free yahoo and the commish is keeping track of everything on the league's personal website.

His questions are:

How does sportsline handle player salaries? Can we set them or do they go off a certain site?

Can we have a minor league system through them and if so how deep can it be?

Is there customizable scheduling or does sportsline just create a schedule for you?

Thanks, also if you know of a better site please let me know.
asmizzou21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:33 am

1. Salaries and Contracts can be entered onto the CBS site. No problem. Commish can enter that info when he puts in the rosters. Also handles max in season team salaries and contract years.

2. Never dealt with minor leagues. They do have slots for minor League Players though on their options screen so I would assume they handle it fine. Also, anyone in the system can be added as a reserve and CBS has a database of players that looks like it includes the 40 man rosters of the MLB teams if not more. So drafting and holding in that regard should not pose too much of a difficulty.

3. Never played CBS in a H2h format, so I simply do not know. Only deal with Roto.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby rockchalk » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:10 am

His questions are:

How does sportsline handle player salaries? Can we set them or do they go off a certain site? The commish can set them however he please, but they have to be manually entered.

Can we have a minor league system through them and if so how deep can it be? Yes, I have seen leagues with rosters up to 50 players and 20 minor leaguers. I think you can go about as high as you want.

Is there customizable scheduling or does sportsline just create a schedule for you? The schedules are customizable. You can even play multiple matchups per week or day.

Hope this helps.
rockchalk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby asmizzou21 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:12 pm

Thanks
asmizzou21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds