Burnitz to sign with O's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burnitz to sign with O's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby foulballstrike3 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:42 pm

Hopefully 35 of his 150 hits land in Boog's BBQ pit.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:18 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:How about this from a fantasy standpoint? Camden is a good hitters park and he'll be hitting around Miguel Tejada (maybe), Javy Lopez, Melvin Mora and Ramon Hernandez. He is usually a good bet for 20-25 homers and around 80+ RBIs. Could his value go up now in Baltimore?

NO, IT'S NOT A GOOD HITTERS PARK.

In 2005, Camden reduced runs by 11 percent, hits by 6 percent, and BA by 4 percent, compared to the average park. Over the last 3 years, its park factors for runs is 97, for hits, it's 98, and for BA it's 99.

Camden boosts one thing: HRs. That's it. And it's not enough to offset the negative effect it has on singles, doubles (-6%), or triples (-38%).

So, Burnitz is moving from a park that had a LH park factor for BA of 98 and for HR of 104 to a park that has a LH park factor of 96 for BA and 100 for HR.

His numbers should drop, not rise.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 am

It looks like the Orioles may have just gotten lucky :-b :

RotoWorld wrote:The Pirates are close to signing Jeromy Burnitz to a two-year, $12 million contract, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
No matter the source, it's still an awful contract. We'd like to see some explanation over what happened to the deal with the Orioles. According to the Post-Gazette, the Pirates have a better offer on the table than either the O's or Astros. It's certainly a better proposal than the Pirates were willing to give him last year, when he chose a one-year deal from the Cubs.

With Jeromy Burnitz expected to join the Pirates, the Astros will likely end up signing Preston Wilson to play left field, according to the Houston Chronicle.
Wilson will have to settle for a one-year deal, perhaps with an option for 2007. He's probably superior to Burnitz without even taking price into account, so the Astros might have lucked out here. If both Burnitz and Wilson are out of play, now the Orioles could do something like take a chance on Richard Hidalgo.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:30 am

Littlefield really wants me to vomit. %-6

Although I can't stand his wiffs, Craig Wilson is just as good as Burnitz and is like 7 years younger. Plus, no one will want to take Burnitz off our hands at the deadline because of his 6 million dollar salary (if that's what we pay him). What will Burnitz's reason to try hard for the Pirates be?

At the same time, they'll trade Craig to some team for some crappy pitching prospect as he goes onto hit 30 HR's somewhere else.

The Pirates are trying to spend money just to spend money they said they had. Why do they continually waste money on players no one really wants?

Please sell this freaking team to someone who knows what they are doing. :-[
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ThatDude » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:44 am

wow

Burnitz at $12 for 2 almost makes Frenchy look like a good deal at $16 for 3

in case you have having trouble figuring it out, Frenchy is Jacque Jones. Frenchie is Juan Pierre. im not sure how im going to distinguish between the two when im actually talking to my buddies instead of typing on a screen. i might have to go with a Cat in the Hat kind of thing and just use Frenchie 1 and Frenchie 2.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nikku88 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:03 am

ThatDude wrote:wow

The Jones contract isn't that as long as they bench him against lefties. He's very good on Defense.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ThatDude » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:12 am

nikku88 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:wow

The Jones contract isn't that as long as they bench him against lefties. He's very good on Defense.

theres a word missing somewhere that is screwing up the meaning of that sentence. so, im going to assume you mean that contract isnt that bad, as long they bench him against lefties, as that seems to make the most sense.

but i dont think Dusty knows how to work a platoon, or fill out a lineup card for that matter. or much of anything that requires a mind for strategery. remember, Niefi "did a hell of a job last year" in Baker's own words.

my personal expectation is that he plays 140-150 games, and spends a lot of time batting in the 4 spot between Lee and Aramis. in other words, im preparing myself for the worst and hoping that im wrong. in which case, you are probably right, it should work out alright.

but enough about Frenchy. this thread is for Burnitz's horrible contract.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:08 am

Thank you, Pittsburgh. I was beginning to think the O's were going to overtake you as worst run baseball organization!
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby mbuser » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:41 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Littlefield really wants me to vomit. %-6

Although I can't stand his wiffs, Craig Wilson is just as good as Burnitz and is like 7 years younger. Plus, no one will want to take Burnitz off our hands at the deadline because of his 6 million dollar salary (if that's what we pay him). What will Burnitz's reason to try hard for the Pirates be?

At the same time, they'll trade Craig to some team for some crappy pitching prospect as he goes onto hit 30 HR's somewhere else.

The Pirates are trying to spend money just to spend money they said they had. Why do they continually waste money on players no one really wants?

Please sell this freaking team to someone who knows what they are doing. :-[

:~(
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Burnitz predictions!

22 hr's
72 rbi's