Jeff Reardon Arrested for Armed Robbery - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Reardon Arrested for Armed Robbery

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Jenkins » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:47 am

Reardon is above the law.

just kidding
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:05 am

He said it was the medication that made him do it and that he was sorry,'' O'Neill said.

He's sorry? Ok...let him go, he's sorry.

He looks medicated. His lips remind me of the Bill Murray character in caddyshack, Carl Spackler. In fact I picture him talking like him too...
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:19 am

fled the store with $170 in cash, according to a report in the Palm Beach Post.
Police found him at a nearby restaurant, recovered the stolen money and charged him with armed robbery.

I'd say he has flipped out too
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby schmidty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:16 am

The verdict is in ... not guilty by reason of insanity. Score another judicial victory for millionaire ex-athletes ;-D
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby johntudor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:33 am

I don't think it's been mentioned, but other reports have noted that Reardon was on the medication for depression after one of his children died. I don't have all the details and so wouldn't judge him one way or another, but if one of my kids died I'd probably lose my mind.
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:11 am

johntudor wrote:I don't think it's been mentioned, but other reports have noted that Reardon was on the medication for depression after one of his children died. I don't have all the details and so wouldn't judge him one way or another, but if one of my kids died I'd probably lose my mind.

Yep...when someone tries to commit a crime for which they have no motive (as was mentioned in the original story he had no known financial problems) and makes no attempt to hide the fact that they've committed the crime (as was also mentioned he was caught eating lunch at a nearby restaurant) it doesn't sound like a guy trying to get away with something...it sounds like a guy with an honest medical problem. Given that it's not likely to be an ongoing problem I would hope that the judicial system would do the same were he not a former major leaguer.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:13 am

johntudor wrote:I don't think it's been mentioned, but other reports have noted that Reardon was on the medication for depression after one of his children died. I don't have all the details and so wouldn't judge him one way or another, but if one of my kids died I'd probably lose my mind.

Going crazy is washing your car with ice cream while naked and covered in vanilla pudding or something. It's not a defense for armed robbery. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:23 am

Madison wrote:

Going crazy is washing your car with ice cream while naked and covered in vanilla pudding or something. It's not a defense for armed robbery. :-b

Wow...I'm staying away from Madison's place if he ever goes on any heavy medications! 8-o
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Bozo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:25 pm

Madison wrote:

Been there, done that.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby schmidty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:05 pm

Bozo wrote:
Madison wrote:

Been there, done that.

Which one? The armed robbery ... the naked ice-cream car washing ... or both?!?

BTW, I didn't mean to sound like I was judging Reardon. Just heard the quick newsflash ("Reardon not guilty by reason of insanity") while sitting at the computer and had to send off a quick message. I didn't even remember the details of the story.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers