Deal or No Deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Deal or No Deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:34 pm

so0perspam wrote:That show gets old .... fast.

AGREED
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Coppermine wrote:It's so mindless though... why are we watching this? At least that's what I thought myself. And the answer, is, of course, 'because it's on TV.'

Howie Mandel sucks, the contestants are idiots and the hot chicks are just another, in a long string, of game show gimmicks.

Let's hear some trivia!

Yeah totally. It's just a contestant saying whatever number he feels like saying and it doesn't even require much strategy at all. I'd much, much rather watch something like The Weakest Link or Who Wants to be a Millionare ... game shows that actually require some brain cells. You can find "hot chicks" on basically any TV show nowadays, or even better, in magazines and on the internet. :-B
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:41 pm

Coppermine wrote:It's so mindless though... why are we watching this? At least that's what I thought myself. And the answer, is, of course, 'because it's on TV.'

Howie Mandel sucks, the contestants are idiots and the hot chicks are just another, in a long string, of game show gimmicks.

Let's hear some trivia!

We watch b/c it's exciting when you're dealing with a million dollars. Sure, the game takes no talent, but thats the catch I think. Anyone can win the million dollars....you don't have to know who the emperer of Japan was during the 9th century in order to win. I think it was only on for this week, so the agony you've had to suffer through is over for now.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:45 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:

Let's hear some trivia!

We watch b/c it's exciting when you're dealing with a million dollars. Sure, the game takes no talent, but thats the catch I think. Anyone can win the million dollars....you don't have to know who the emperer of Japan was during the 9th century in order to win. I think it was only on for this week, so the agony you've had to suffer through is over for now.

Yep, this show is facilitating the proliferation of our non-thinker society.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:

Let's hear some trivia!

Yep, this show is facilitating the proliferation of our non-thinker society.

I agree, shows like this and prison break are winners and that's why smart terrific shows like Arrested Development are pushed out the door, no one watches anything that requires a brain.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:06 am

perlick29 wrote:

I agree, shows like this and prison break are winners and that's why smart terrific shows like Arrested Development are pushed out the door, no one watches anything that requires a brain.

Thats to bad about AD, it was a great show. I can't wait for 24 and Prison Break to start back up.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:26 am

perlick29 wrote:The reason it's a success is that there aren't many game shows on right now. This is for the mindless and I'm usually rooting for them to walk away with like nothing.

I dont like the show all that much but I gave it a try.

I heard Regis say something on the Holiday Parade yesterday morning that he's going to be starting "This Is Your Life" on ABC sometime soon. I've never seen TIYL but maybe ABC can recapture some of the Millionaire magic they had going when it first started.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stevethumb » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:45 pm

"this is your life" isn't a game show..it's like an infomercial for celebrities...they drag out some B-list celebrity and "surprise" him w/his 3rd grade teacher...high school prom date...parole officer that type of thing...i wouldn't anticipate it being a hit
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:19 pm

Coppermine wrote:
No kidding, talk about getting old fast... I'd have more fun going to the local gas station and watch a guy pick his Powerball numbers.

LMAO :-D :-b
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:27 pm

stevethumb wrote:"this is your life" isn't a game show..it's like an infomercial for celebrities...they drag out some B-list celebrity and "surprise" him w/his 3rd grade teacher...high school prom date...parole officer that type of thing...i wouldn't anticipate it being a hit

Wait a second...

B-list celebrities + reality + Regis + it's on TV + no one has to think to watch it + it's on TV = It'll be a hit. Unfortunately.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk