Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stumpak » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:08 pm

I can't believe that someone would be bragging that their team obtained Glaus--unless you are fan of accumulating bloated contracts.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Glaus to Boston rumor: Not a bad idea

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:31 pm

John Kemp wrote:As we see Glaus is going to the Jays.. Once again, the Red Sox cannot get that big hitter type like Glaus.. They signed John Flarety and are looking into Corey Patterson (whoo hoo).. Again Not to sound so damn negative in such a joyous season, but the Red Sox ain't done noting this year people.. Josh "Blister" Beckett cannot save this team alone.. Mike Lowell is a declining 3rd baseman (see stats)and Marte will be nice in 2008.. But for now they are a very 3rd to 4th place team.. The Yanks and Jays will fight for the AL title this year if the Sox do not go out and get some help quick!

Wow... you are one spoiled fan. I think that I speak for most people when I say SHUT UP. We don't need to hear your opinion on every single deal that happens this off-season with, "Oh the Red Sox blah blah blah 3rd or 4th place blah blah didn't get the biggest star boo hoo..." Enough is enough. Guess what, maybe you won't make the playoffs or finish 1st or 2nd in your division this year. Deal with it.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby so0perspam » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:36 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
John Kemp wrote:As we see Glaus is going to the Jays.. Once again, the Red Sox cannot get that big hitter type like Glaus.. They signed John Flarety and are looking into Corey Patterson (whoo hoo).. Again Not to sound so damn negative in such a joyous season, but the Red Sox ain't done noting this year people.. Josh "Blister" Beckett cannot save this team alone.. Mike Lowell is a declining 3rd baseman (see stats)and Marte will be nice in 2008.. But for now they are a very 3rd to 4th place team.. The Yanks and Jays will fight for the AL title this year if the Sox do not go out and get some help quick!

Wow... you are one spoiled fan. I think that I speak for most people when I say SHUT UP. We don't need to hear your opinion on every single deal that happens this off-season with, "Oh the Red Sox blah blah blah 3rd or 4th place blah blah didn't get the biggest star boo hoo..." Enough is enough. Guess what, maybe you won't make the playoffs or finish 1st or 2nd in your division this year. Deal with it.

He's entitled to his own opinion, geesh. Get off his back. :-°
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:37 pm

Toronto deal is done pending a physical Monday. Press conference is Tuesday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article.jsp ... 64232_5304
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:40 pm

so0perspam wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:

The problem is that he keeps saying that like a broken record player.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:45 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:

Exactly, every single post is Josh "Blister Boy" Beckett won't get us there, the sox moves have all sucked, woe is me. Of course he is entitled to his opinion but if all he wants to do is rant and complain about the red sox and the moves that they have or havn't made so far, he can go to the Red Sox forum and do it.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:46 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:

Exactly, every single post is Josh "Blister Boy" Beckett won't get us there, the sox moves have all sucked, woe is me. Of course he is entitled to his opinion but if all he wants to do is rant and complain about the red sox and the moves that they have or havn't made so far, he can go to the Red Sox forum and do it.

I kinda like watchin' Sox fans cry ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby so0perspam » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:56 pm

baseball6791 wrote:Exactly, every single post is Josh "Blister Boy" Beckett won't get us there, the sox moves have all sucked, woe is me. Of course he is entitled to his opinion but if all he wants to do is rant and complain about the red sox and the moves that they have or havn't made so far, he can go to the Red Sox forum and do it.

Then don't read his posts. :-?
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:17 pm

Hey it is a free country. The Red Sox Fans can complain and bitch just like anyone else.

As to Glaus, just when did he become an elite hitter?

Now if you want to rant all day long about Corey Patterson...then I whole-heartedly understand. If Cashman was even thinking that I would be so mad smoke would be coming out of my ears.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:32 pm

wrveres wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:

I kinda like watchin' Sox fans cry ;-7

Please do not refer to him as a Red Sox fan.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers